A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Nelson Ferreira:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Nelson Ferreira is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Nelson Ferreira, MD is board certified in Gastroenterology.
Education & Awards
Dr. Ferreira graduated from George Washington University. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Ferreira has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Washington County Hospital - Hagerstown
- Washington County Hospital Assn
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Ferreira accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 17 plans
- CareFirst - 6 plans
- Cigna - 10 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 1 plan
- United Health Group, Inc. - Americhoice - 1 plan
- Priority Partners - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Nelson L. Ferreira practice?
Dr. Nelson Ferreira practices Gastroenterology near Hagerstown, MD.
See Hagerstown Gastroenterologists.