Dr. Nelson Hernandez MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

September 20th, 2016
Run, run, & run
The one thing that stands out that I remember is the fact that he yelled at me not once, twice, but at least three times! He's an arrogant, know all. Everything is black & white to him, nothing in between! He screamed at me saying I was a lie, which not the case at all. If ur IN a facility & ur assign to him, do ur self a favor ask 4 another DR. He bounced my meds around like a ball!! Such a joke .Drs like him that give psychiatry a bad name!!

July 8th, 2016
Mr.
the overall care was very good and he was able to switch medications as I have an addiction to opioids. I would highly recommend gabapentin and he always made sure the medications were not hurting me. He was prompt and his staff was so good, they recommended lunch places to me to make at times a hard day much easier. I ended up taking an overdose of medication and was in intensive care and he was there and helped me through. I no longer am addicted to klonopin and his staff was very helpful. They even went the extra mile with the pharmacy and my insurance company.

December 30th, 2011
An excellent, caring medical professional
One of the most difficult things I had to do in my move to Pennsylvania from Florida was to move away from Dr. Hernandez! He correctly diagnosed me on the first appointment, switched my medication, and I went from a crying, nervous wreck to actually enjoying life as soon as the next day! I was his patient for in excess of four years; he was so caring and comforting after my father died. I just can't say enough good about him.

June 2nd, 2011
Dropped Patient During Treatment
My family member was seeing Dr. Hernandez and felt he was helping them, he then dropped them suddenly as a patient when they had a reaction to medicine he prescribed. They were still in need of treatment, this set them back on their recovery.

January 17th, 2011
Wonderful/Caring Psychiatrist
I was apprehensive when my former psychiatrist retired and referred me to Dr. Nelson Hernandez. Dr. Hernandez is truly concerned about my total health (physical/psychological). A very caring physician! Highly recommend him.

March 13th, 2008
Wrong diagnosis
Misdiagnosed my family member with bi-polar disorder, despite the results of several screenings and exams that said otherwise. Continued to treat with heavy-duty medications designed for acute bi-polar even after he learned my relative was not bi-polar. Abruptly dropped my relative from patient load after claiming they "missed" appointments. In reality, these appointments were legitimately cancelled and rescheduled. To make matters worse, he refused to see them after hospitalization, claiming they were no longer his patient. In reality, he was still responsible for this patient for 4 additional weeks. Then refused to recommend another area physician.

July 18th, 2017