Dr. Nelson Lehrer MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.1

July 27th, 2013
I had a gyne problem for which I went to many doctors for over the years. None were ever able to help me, so I resigned to the fact that it would always be a problem and I would just have to accept it. When I went to Dr. Lehrer for an annual exam, he found the problem and fixed it in 1 visit. Didn’t make a big deal over it; just did his job and went about his business. He is a very smart man, and knows what he is doing. I can honestly say he is better than the 10+ other doctors I saw.

January 24th, 2011
lucy m
i was very pleased with this doctor i first started going to his office 3yrs ago and i overall love it. the staff is kind he is professional and funny. i was there 2months ago and he is remodeling the office which i think is great last time i was there i even came out with a cupcake the staff offered me.

September 28th, 2010
Pregnant with my 3rd child
Worst bedside manner imagineable.Wanted to do an episiotomy 30 minutes into pushing because he had a waiting room full of patients at 9 in the morning. Also, he was going in and out of the room calling on his cell phone. He was yelling at me and my husband to do the episiotomy. When we made visits to his office before the delivery, he always schedules at least 10 patients and we have to wait over an hour past our scheduled time to see him. His clientelle are mostly immigrants who dont know what else to do.

January 15th, 2010
He was very good, funny and his staff were very nice. I would recommend this doctor but do wait long to see him other than that they are good.

December 11th, 2009
Went twice because i had to. I wish i could take it back
After attending this facility after being recommended by another doctor I have never been so disappointed in humanity. I went for a very personal procedure which is hard to talk about and after the sensitive procedure this "Doctor" had the nerve to actually outright ask us to use our insurance imoproperly. This came after I did a followup visit after a procedure where I couldn't do a pap smear because of bleeding. The previous procedure which had been paid for included a checkup two weeks later. After the checkup was completed Dr. Lehrer proceeded to try and add a pap smear which wasn't included in the checkup into the visit which i'd have to pay for. I told him repeatedly I didn't have cash to pay him he asked if I had insurance and proceeded to try and continue the pap smear despite the bleeding. After the failed attempts he took me to his office with my husband and said this to us.His exact words were "Come on help me pay some bills around here. Help me pay the lights." He said this as he had our insurance card in his hands seeing that we had very good insurance. We were so appalled we left. he had the nerve to try and make a follow up appointment for the pap smear still! I took my insurance card after this before he could make a copy of the information. Please do not go here you will make a bad situation worse. The facility was outdated, the wait was long, the staff was rude and it was unsanitary.