A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Nelson Leung:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Nelson Leung, MD is board certified in Nephrology.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Acute Renal Failure (Acute Kidney Failure)
- Kidney Failure (Hepatorenal Syndrome)
Education & Awards
Dr. Leung graduated from Creighton University, Omaha.
Dr. Leung has 5 hospital affiliations:
- St Marys Hospital - Rochester
- Rochester Methodist Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Leung accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- HealthPartners - 5 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota - 3 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Dean Health Plan - 1 plan
- ODS Health Plans - 1 plan
- Humana - 7 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Iowa Medicaid - 1 plan