Dr. Nelson Mozia Is this you?

Posted on May 11th, 2016

I am alive today because of Dr. Mozia. I had spent 5 years going to another specialist when I ended up at Luthern with a bowel obstruction the size of a baby's head. I was hours away from death. I'm sorry he is no longer practicing as he was the best doctor of this kind I had found.

Posted on September 2nd, 2015

Dr Mozia takes his time with patients to listen to my concerns. He explains the procedures and why I experience what I experience. That is probably why he is so often so far behind in seeing patients in his office.

Posted on July 29th, 2015

Nelson Mosia perferated my husband's stomach twice during colectomy surgery in 2007 at Lutheran Hospital in Wheatridge, Colorado. Another surgeon performed emergency surgery in order to save his life. The perotinitis (sepsis) was not diagmosed until five days after the surgical error. My husband was delirious and in incredible pain intil I noticed the output from his vlosed-wound drain was GREEN! Seven weeks on ICU followed during which he lost 42bpounds and was a skeleton" of his former self. He died four years later

Posted on March 9th, 2013

Would really like to know why Dr. Mozia is not scheduling surgeries but he is still seeing new patients. I have seen him twice and would really like for him to do my surgery, but was told my a couple of nurses at Lutheran Hospital that they are not accepting him back. I would really like to know why? I guess I need to start looking for another colon/rectal doctor. I will contact my insurance and let them know that he is still seeing patients and billing the insurance companies but doesn't have any intentions of preforming anymore surgeries any time soon.

Posted on October 30th, 2011

Dr. Mozia performed gall blader surgery on me, my grandmother, my daughter. He was fantastic. When my son needed an appendectomy 3 years ago, I requested only one doctor to perform the surgery, Dr. Mozia. I would trust him with any one of my family. I will always recommend Dr. Mozia for anyone needing surgery in his field.

Wonderful Surgeon

Posted on October 12th, 2010

Dr. Mozia fixed a problem that another surgeon in town had completely botched. That's a really tough situation because the other guy had a good reputation too but messed up on me. Not only, did Mozia fix the problem, he said nothing bad about the other guy. He made the condition better. He listened to all of my concerns and fears since I had trepidation about more surgery. He was available at any time to answer my questions. He did minimal cutting and put me on a number of regimens after the surgery to expedite my healing. Mozia is heads and shoulders above the other colorectal surgeons. He makes sure that there are adequate follow up visits (not every two months like the other guy) and his staff is always available to help out. They get refills done right away and complete paper work expeditiously.

Wonderful Surgeon

Posted on October 12th, 2010

Everyone who tells you about Dr. Mozia will tell you that he is the best. He is a really humble guy and soft spoken, so you would never know that he h ...

The best

Posted on March 4th, 2010

Let me preface by saying that I had the exact same surgery performed twice. The first by a different surgeon and the second by Dr. Mozia. The difference was ten fold. My first surgery took over an hour, I was sick for days and days from the drugs and anesthesia, the healing time took almost 6 months and they didn't correct the problem the first time. I read the reviews about Dr. Mozia and decided to try him for round 2. My surgery took 15 minutes, I went shopping two hours after my surgery, and my healing time took two weeks tops. I went back to work two days after the procedure. He was amazing, the staff had wonderful rapport with patients and with each other. The nurses and the surgery center told me numerous times that Dr. Mozia is the best. One said "Dr. Mozia is the Dr the other Dr.'s go to if they need surgery" and I believe it. He is very fun and wears funky scrubs but the man is brilliant.

Posted on August 29th, 2009

Dr. Mozia did a very difficult abdominal surgery to remove adhesions in 2006. I went to him because he was highly recommended by the chairman of the colorectal surgery dept of the Cleveland Clinc. He did not disappoint. I was in the hospital for 16 days, and I saw him 16 times. When I had to call the office after hours, he personally answered the phone! Although his waiting room is always full, I have never felt rushed, and my questions were carefully answered. He is an amazing surgeon!

Dr Mozia is the BEST

Posted on May 5th, 2009

Dr Mozia did surgery on my 86 year old mother. He is the best surgeon, her recovery time was minimal. He not only cares for her, he answered all of my questions. His bedside manner was impecable. And I loved his 'scrubs, very colorful. I would recommend Dr Mozia to anyone, and if I need surgery, it will be him.

Dr Mozia is the best!

Posted on December 30th, 2008

I had my appendix taken out in an emergency surgery, by Dr Mozia. Now, 7 years later, I am scheduled to have my gallbladder removed by him, and have NO worries, because I know He is a very professional and caring doctor.

Dr. Mozia is excellent!

Posted on February 4th, 2008

My wife has had several procedures with Dr. Mozia, including a life-threatening cancer surgery. He is the best there is! He is precise and thorough. He is the only surgeon we will use!