Internist

by wingman on Dec 16th, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. Sandovol for nearly 20 years. Personally, he is a very capable and caring doctor. He friendly, gets to the core of the problem quickly and prescribes the proper medication. His staff over the years has deteriorated. Most are students at a local college. Generally they are not trained in customer service. They often approach rudness in contacts with patients. The blame lies with the mess that has been created by the government, and not the fault of Dr. Sandovol. Unfortunately, the patients get a less than they want. Dr. Sandovol is frustrated with what he sees, but is powerless to change the system.

Wonderful Doctor. Definitively a Keeper!!! show details Wonderful Doctor. Definitively a Keeper!!!
Apr 26th, 2013

Great doctor!!! When I got to my appointment I didn't have to wait long to see him, he was very professional, very pleasant and very knowledgeable. Hes spent a good amount of time with me making sure he got to know my specific situation well and that he answered all my questions. Very accurate with diagnosis and made sure I knew all my options so I could make an educated decision. He is very clear and very helpful. The staff; it's a different story. Unprofessional and not helpful but I think I'm willing to sacrifice given that he is such a great doctor, the kind that are very hard to find.

Aug 2nd, 2012

Excellent physician,Very poor office staff:can't get answers to the simplest questions regarding upcoming appointment, can't get a call back from office staff with test results over a 6 week period, no response for records despite sending signed HIPPA release.Again, excellent physcian being very poorly served by staff.

Average doctor show details Average doctor
Feb 26th, 2011

Reasonable doctor; especially suitable for those without insurance as he apparently discounts for them. Has reputation of being competent. Not the best bedside manner; does not spend much time with patient but with insurance reimbursements as they are, which doctor does? But does ask if you have any questions and answers them all. Never seem him wash his hands though every room has sink and soap. I have seen this doctor twice. The first time my appointment was for 9 am; I arrived at 8:30; did not see doctor till 10am; left at 11 am. Second time was better; appointment was 4:45 pm; arrive at 4:36pm; saw doctor by 5 pm and left by 5:30 pm. Does not have licensed nurse or physicians assistant and front office has only one receptionist so she is overworked and difficult to get thru to office on phone to schedule appointments, etc. All is all, average experience; anything more is probably expecting too much with insurance reimbursement rates as they are, all doctors have to rush thru large number of patients so that will inevitably compromise the amount of time they can spend with a patient and the quality of care. You get what you pay for. He correctly diagnosed all my ailments and did not overmedicate; is considerate of price sensitive patients.

The Very Best! show details The Very Best!
Sep 7th, 2009

The finest Personal Physician I have ever had!

Terrible!!! Terrible!!! Terrible!!!! show details Terrible!!! Terrible!!! Terrible!!!!
May 10th, 2009

A complete jerk. I was the only patient in the building. I waited 45 minutes and walked out. Arrogant!