Internist

They need a new MA show details They need a new MA
by RLucas on Mar 14th, 2016

So I had previously gone to this doctor because he was recommended, even though he is on the other side of town. I made an app with him because I felt tired all the time after a long hike. It took three weeks to get me in. He came in and looked at my eyes, said I have allergy related Conjunctivitis and he would prescribe me something. So I took my script happily to the pharmacy. On the drop label it does not say when to stop taking them. The pharmacist said the doc did not clarify, so she did not know. The medication was a steroid as well as an antibiotic, and after a week or so my eyes were not tired, but I had blurry vision, they were still red, had headaches, and sensitive to light. I ended up calling the MA, Alma to see if she could talk to Sandoval and advise me. I left her two messages last week and still have heard nothing. I ended up stopping the medication after ten days. Today I was supposed to go back to get blood drawn from the MA. I called ahead because there is really bad construction in my area I was not aware of. I told them I was running late, so would they keep my app or should I reschedule. She told me to come in. I was ten min late, but they had me sit there for 35 min. Apparently they gave away my app. I ended up leaving. My eyesight has been blurry for a week and it is seriously depressing. I called an optometrist and hope they can tell me anything since its about time to get my eyes checked anyway...Maybe they can recommend an ophthalmologist or something.

by wingman on Dec 16th, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. Sandovol for nearly 20 years. Personally, he is a very capable and caring doctor. He friendly, gets to the core of the problem quickly and prescribes the proper medication. His staff over the years has deteriorated. Most are students at a local college. Generally they are not trained in customer service. They often approach rudness in contacts with patients. The blame lies with the mess that has been created by the government, and not the fault of Dr. Sandovol. Unfortunately, the patients get a less than they want. Dr. Sandovol is frustrated with what he sees, but is powerless to change the system.

Wonderful Doctor. Definitively a Keeper!!! show details Wonderful Doctor. Definitively a Keeper!!!
Apr 26th, 2013

Great doctor!!! When I got to my appointment I didn't have to wait long to see him, he was very professional, very pleasant and very knowledgeable. Hes spent a good amount of time with me making sure he got to know my specific situation well and that he answered all my questions. Very accurate with diagnosis and made sure I knew all my options so I could make an educated decision. He is very clear and very helpful. The staff; it's a different story. Unprofessional and not helpful but I think I'm willing to sacrifice given that he is such a great doctor, the kind that are very hard to find.

Aug 2nd, 2012

Excellent physician,Very poor office staff:can't get answers to the simplest questions regarding upcoming appointment, can't get a call back from office staff with test results over a 6 week period, no response for records despite sending signed HIPPA release.Again, excellent physcian being very poorly served by staff.

Average doctor show details Average doctor
Feb 26th, 2011

Reasonable doctor; especially suitable for those without insurance as he apparently discounts for them. Has reputation of being competent. Not the best bedside manner; does not spend much time with patient but with insurance reimbursements as they are, which doctor does? But does ask if you have any questions and answers them all. Never seem him wash his hands though every room has sink and soap. I have seen this doctor twice. The first time my appointment was for 9 am; I arrived at 8:30; did not see doctor till 10am; left at 11 am. Second time was better; appointment was 4:45 pm; arrive at 4:36pm; saw doctor by 5 pm and left by 5:30 pm. Does not have licensed nurse or physicians assistant and front office has only one receptionist so she is overworked and difficult to get thru to office on phone to schedule appointments, etc. All is all, average experience; anything more is probably expecting too much with insurance reimbursement rates as they are, all doctors have to rush thru large number of patients so that will inevitably compromise the amount of time they can spend with a patient and the quality of care. You get what you pay for. He correctly diagnosed all my ailments and did not overmedicate; is considerate of price sensitive patients.

The Very Best! show details The Very Best!
Sep 7th, 2009

The finest Personal Physician I have ever had!

Terrible!!! Terrible!!! Terrible!!!! show details Terrible!!! Terrible!!! Terrible!!!!
May 10th, 2009

A complete jerk. I was the only patient in the building. I waited 45 minutes and walked out. Arrogant!