Internists

5515 E 5th St
Suite A100
Tucson, AZ 85711
520-298-1138
Locations and availability (2)

3.0

Some ratings provided by Yahoo.
 |  Frustrated  |  show details
by KS on Sep 6th, 2013

Dr Sandoval is a wonderful doctor and i went to him for years and out of all the doctors i have ever had he was the only one that had a wonderful bedside manner. He listens to his patients and gives you all the time in the world. I never felt like i was being rushed at all. His office staff is another story. There has always been a turn over there with the exception of the office manager. When you go in to the office to check in the receptionist is always so busy that you are not greeted in a timely manner, phone calls are not returned when you call or are told that they will call you back. Two years ago i lost my job and due to unforseen events i had to file chapter 13 my lawyer included a 120.00 bill that i owed the office. This bill was not suppose to be included. The office manager called me and was very rude saying that i stiffed the doctor for a 120.00 i explained that they were not suppose to be included. I went into the office and tried paying them which by law i can do and the manager would not except my payment.... long story short my spouse got transferred out of state for work and the transfer only lasted 6 months and we returned to Tucson. I called the office to make an appt because my records were still there. I was told that they dont take United Health which in fact they do. I found another doctor and ask for my records to be transferred and its been a year and they still arent transferred. I called the office this week not giving my name and ask if they take my insurance and they do. I then explained everything about my records and said since they were never sent i would like to come back there. I was then told that my records were sent to the new doctor- whom still hasnt recieved them...i told her to just make me an appt since they have my records and she said no they will be sent to the new doctor. The office staff is not only rude but, they wont let me see the one doctor that my entire family goes to all siblings and parents and friends. whom i sent to them to start with. all because bad luck and a 120.00 bill that i want to pay. i would bet everything i own that the doctor has no idea that this is happening to his patients.

|  Wonderful Doctor. Definitively a Keeper!!!  |  show details
Apr 26th, 2013

Great doctor!!! When I got to my appointment I didn't have to wait long to see him, he was very professional, very pleasant and very knowledgeable. Hes spent a good amount of time with me making sure he got to know my specific situation well and that he answered all my questions. Very accurate with diagnosis and made sure I knew all my options so I could make an educated decision. He is very clear and very helpful. The staff; it's a different story. Unprofessional and not helpful but I think I'm willing to sacrifice given that he is such a great doctor, the kind that are very hard to find.

Aug 2nd, 2012

Excellent physician,Very poor office staff:can't get answers to the simplest questions regarding upcoming appointment, can't get a call back from office staff with test results over a 6 week period, no response for records despite sending signed HIPPA release.Again, excellent physcian being very poorly served by staff.

|  The best and most compassionate doctor you will find.  |  show details
Oct 22nd, 2011

Dr. Sandoval is by far the nicest and most compassionate doctor I have ever had! Prior to meeting him. He doesn't rush you through you appointment, like most doctors do, he actually listens to what you are telling him and you can tell he became a doctor in order to help his clients the best possible way. I absolutely love Dr Sandoval and his staff is the nicest any doctor could ever hope for. To me he is not just a doctor, but he has become a good friend of mine. If you are lucky enough to get him as your doctor, I promise that you will have your faith restored in the medical profession and have the same admiration for him that I do! Thank you for everything Dr. Sandoval! Your friend Dustin M. :-)

|  Average doctor  |  show details
Feb 26th, 2011

Reasonable doctor; especially suitable for those without insurance as he apparently discounts for them. Has reputation of being competent. Not the best bedside manner; does not spend much time with patient but with insurance reimbursements as they are, which doctor does? But does ask if you have any questions and answers them all. Never seem him wash his hands though every room has sink and soap. I have seen this doctor twice. The first time my appointment was for 9 am; I arrived at 8:30; did not see doctor till 10am; left at 11 am. Second time was better; appointment was 4:45 pm; arrive at 4:36pm; saw doctor by 5 pm and left by 5:30 pm. Does not have licensed nurse or physicians assistant and front office has only one receptionist so she is overworked and difficult to get thru to office on phone to schedule appointments, etc. All is all, average experience; anything more is probably expecting too much with insurance reimbursement rates as they are, all doctors have to rush thru large number of patients so that will inevitably compromise the amount of time they can spend with a patient and the quality of care. You get what you pay for. He correctly diagnosed all my ailments and did not overmedicate; is considerate of price sensitive patients.

|  The Very Best!  |  show details
Sep 7th, 2009

The finest Personal Physician I have ever had!

|  Terrible!!! Terrible!!! Terrible!!!!  |  show details
May 10th, 2009

A complete jerk. I was the only patient in the building. I waited 45 minutes and walked out. Arrogant!

Nov 29th, 2007 on yahoo.com

The doctor's office staff has improved over the past year. However he sent me for tests and did not call back with the results although they had been in office for at least three days, I may need to change doctors to know what the heck is going on.

Read Full Review at yahoo.com
May 7th, 2007 on yahoo.com

Great doc!: Dr. Sandoval is a fantastic doc. He is kind, funny and compassionate. His staff, however, is the worst I've ever encountered. They mostly sit around conversing amongst themselves in Spanish and have repeatedly failed to follow through with ord

Read Full Review at yahoo.com
 |  One of the Best Doctors I`ve had!!!  |  show details
by Citysearch User on May 12th, 2005 on insiderpages.com

This doctor listens to you, treats you with respect, and helps you keep your medical costs down as much as possible.I have never had any r...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com