Family Practitioner
2770 Virginia Pkwy
Ste 301
McKinney, TX 75071
214-726-0755
Locations and availability (1)

|  Mike's Health Collection  |  show details
by Mike Sammons on Apr 20th, 2014

I have read all the reviews about Dr. Simmons and I really think that one person must have written all the negative reviews for whatever idiotic reasons. Dr. Simmons is one of the most efficient and professional doctors that I have ever known. He is very caring and spends a lot of time with each patient. I am proud to say that he is my doctor.....hope he keeps me:)

|  Great doctor!  |  show details
by Ilene P. on Apr 26th, 2013

I keep several of Dr.'s business cards with me because I brag about him to everyone! Our family has seen him for over 10 yrs. Being able to reach him at any time has been a life saver. We live an hour away, but refuse to change doctors! Hope he gets lots of continuing ed credits in geriatrics since my husband and I are going to need him. He has great staff too!

Apr 21st, 2012

Although he would like you to believe otherwise his level of care, bedside manners, and general attitude depend highly on the profit you will generate as a patient. More so than the "insensitive, heartless" regular doctors that ask for your insurance card with each visit. I think I'm done with this overrated "doctor".

Feb 17th, 2012

He is not compassionate and caring!!! He is more about making money!!!

Doctor's Response

I am sorry to hear your comments posted about me and my office. If you are interested, I would like to discuss how you came to your conclusions. My personal email address is nsimmons@personalmd.net. As a thank you for honest feedback, I am more than happy to refund any expenses you were charged. Nelson X. Simmons, MD

Jan 26th, 2012

I have been going to Dr. Simmons for almost a year now. His diagnosis saved my life. He has always spent as much time as necessary with me in an appointment and never makes me feel rushed.

Doctor's Response

Thank you for your feedback. All comments are used to improve our service and make future patient experiences more positive. Nelson X. Simmons, MD.

|  new a new doc.  |  show details
Jan 8th, 2012

Dr Nelson always giving the same kind of meds no matter what is worng with you.

Oct 7th, 2011

Don't be fooled by unlimited visit he starts to make you feel stupid for coming in

Doctor's Response

|  dr nelson is awesome!  |  show details
Jun 17th, 2011

i drive an hour away to go to mckinney to see dr nelson. he is so awesome and caring and will listen to all my questions and complaints. i never have trouble getting an appointment. and becky and elsa are always so kind and they do a great job at returning my calls. the "average" appointment is supposed to be about 30 minutes but dr nelson is happy to go over that (without chargeing me!) to make sure every question and concern is addressed and answered. definatley am not looking forward to moving away one day and having to look for another dr.

Mar 15th, 2011

i would definitely reccomend dr simmons and have. he is professional, kind and concerned. i am grateful he was referred to me several years ago.

|  Aunja Provence Patient  |  show details
by Aunja Provence on Jan 31st, 2010

Dr. Simmons is The best doctor I have ever been to! After going to several doctors for expensive testing and never getting an answer he dug deeper to get me a diagnosis. He also spent time to research my illness to give me all the info on it he could find. He takes time to sit and discuss any concerns and is also very child friendly. He is a very caring doctor and we have left our other doctors to have him as our family's primary care doctor. I highly recommend him for your medical needs.

|  No Insurance. No problem  |  show details
by George Ardi on Dec 9th, 2009

I don't have insurance and usually get treated like an outcast when I need medical care. Dr. Simmons only cares for people like me (no insurance) and it is refreshing. He takes excellent care of me and my family.

Doctor's Response

|  He really cares about the health of his patients  |  show details
by Bruce in Allen, TX on Aug 14th, 2009

Dr. Simmons really cares about the health of his patients. He doesn't rush in and out like most doctors do. He helps to reduce our medical costs by making us aware of generic meds and discounts for any type of labs or procedures. He provides care for our entire family. His fee model is also great. We have been able to cut our normal medical insurance plan back to a catastrophic plan - reducing monthly premiums by nearly 25%. Simply put, he is the best family practitioner that I have ever met.