Dr. Nelson Turcios MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

July 5th, 2016
Excellent Pediatrician Pulmonologist
He is on-time with appointments, he is very good with his diagnosis, and very professional. Office is clean and staff is very friendly. I will recommend Dr. Turcios anytime.

January 26th, 2016
Staff is rude, and they make critical mistakes. When concerning the lungs, Dr. Turcios is knowledgeable, however, when he's finished saying or "explaining" his instructions, he's done. He quickly rushes out the room and his thick accent doesn't help neither. The issues I came for did get fixed, but there are too many negatives so I wouldn't go back.

November 4th, 2015
Great doctor
I started seeing him when I was 17 years old in 1983. The care I received was above and beyond anything I had received before. I was able to get onto pulmozyme experimental test 3 years before it was even available. Dr. Turcios was kind caring and loving toward myself and my family. In 1996 at 33 I knew my time was growing short and was in the hospital for a clean out. I saw Dr. Turcios come in for my daily visit but I could tell he had concern on his face. He was going to suggest lung transplantation. Which I in turn said great, the look of relief on his face, I can not describe. At that time we started the process of applying at the University of Pittsburgh which I was ultimately transplanted in 1999. I still use him today as my primary doctor in NJ. HE IS A WONDERFUL MAN AND DOCTOR AND I WOULDNT BE HERE TODAY IF NOT FOR THE GRACE OF GOD AND NELSON TURCIOS.

October 13th, 2015
My favorite Doctor
Dr. Turcios is the best! Its very rare to meet a doctor like him who is compassionate, humble, and extremely gifted in his field! He listens to parents/patient concerns and works with you rather than discounting your observations as a parent. He also educates the parents/patients to enhance care in home life (which usually MDs leave that to their medical assistants and nurses). He also gives out his cell number in case you need him! My son has been seeing him for a little over a year now and he has been thriving which is a testament to the care and treatment he has recieved from Dr.Turcios. He is my favorite doctor and I would recommend him to anyone. He is also my little boys favorite doctor, at his last appointment he hugged him a bunch of times and doctor Turcios looked so happy. You can see he loves his job and is not in it only for a paycheck. The staff is also Awesome! Kayla is on top of it and very good with the kids! I hope this is helpful for stressed out parents looking for a great Pulmonologist. I know I sleep better at night knowing I have the best Pulmonologist for my baby!

March 11th, 2015
Good doctor but poor follow up and money minded
Doctor's office / doctor failed to return my numerous request for call from doctor to just go through blood test queries....They wanted me to drive all the way (25 miles) to meet him (& offcourse pay him for visit)...Not happy but doctor is good...They even charged me for small small things in my child's visit

October 7th, 2014
Great Dr
Dr Turcois is a great doctor. My 3 year old daughter has asthma and every doctor I went to couldn't figure out why she was always getting these flareups. Her asthma would flare up more times than not. I was always worried about her until I met Dr Turcois. He is very caring and informitive. He put her in a preventive care plan and she is now doing so good and hardly ever gets flareups. I would recommend Dr Turcois to all parents looking for great care for your children suffering with asthma

September 9th, 2014
Ms.
A wonderful, wonderful doctor. Dr. Turcios goes above and beyond for us. He has been a Pulmonologist for my asthmatic son for at least 6 yrs. He is always available , always informative, always expedient and a kind, warm loving Dr. I have referred him over and over again. In today society, where so many hurry it's nice to know that you have a Dr. who takes time to answer the hard questions and explain things so well. You will not be disappointed with his loving care. He is both smart and humble. He intuitively cares about his patients physical and mental well being!

July 2nd, 2012
Great Doctor
Dr. Turcios is an awesome doctor. He is always here for you, answers all your questions and goes above and beyond to help you in any way. He is knowledgeable in what he does, keeping up on the new medications and treatments.There is ever hardly a wait in his office. Jocelyn, his assiastant, is also sweet, kind and caring.Love Dr. Turcios!

June 4th, 2012
He is AWESOME!!!

March 12th, 2010
One of the best doctors by far!
Dr. Turcios has been a blessing to our family. He is the most accurate, caring, and pleasant doctor I've ever met. His office staff are absolutely wonderful, and really get to know you. I would reccomend him to anyone who needs a pediatric pulmonologist. He is really a wonderful doctor.

December 29th, 2016