Dr. Nelson Usry MD Patient Reviews

3.3

• Good
  • Bad

November 10th, 2016
I am sad the practice went down hill
I have been a patient of Dr. Usry for almost 8 years. My wife and daughter also use his wife as their primary's. I use to really like Dr. Usry but for the past year or so the place has been horrible. I get the feeling that his practice took on WAY to many patients for them to manage. As getting an appointment has been highly difficult. I would say 75% of the time we see a nurse practitioner now. Even in emergencies. In the past 6 months both my wife and daughter ended up in the hospital from their misdiagnoses. One being a blot clot (entire arm turned purple, nurse said it was nothing to worry about), the other ending up in the hospital for a week. It's scary how bad this practice is now. Dr. Usry has pretty good bedside manner, although I have been stuck in the room for 20 minutes listening him make small talk with the staff. He does listen to most of my worries, however the biggest issue is NOT being able to get into to see him (or his wife). So be warned that anytime you actually NEED a doctor your going to end up with an incompetent nurse, who may put you or your family in a dangerous situation. Eight years and I am moving on, I am so scared to use them anymore.

May 30th, 2016
From great doctor to just doesn't care
My whole family has been going to Dr. Usry for almost 7 years. Originally he was a great doctor, his staff was helpful and I felt like Dr Usry really cared. He never made me feel like he was just telling me a bunch of nonsense to get more money from me. In the last 2 years his whole practice has gone down hill. He spends 3-5 mins in his appointments MAX, and doesn't listen to a word you say. He just hands out new RX's on top of RX and thinks that will fix something. He doesn't even see if that's is actually what you need. I't very sad to find a new doctor but everyone in his office (especially him) is unprofessional, sad and doesn't care anymore. You can tell he only views his patients as a paycheck, not as someone to help. I do not recommend him!

January 7th, 2015
I had horrible exp. with this doctor. First of all, he won't spend time at all with the patient and i don really know why/what is he charging the patient for? He did not even listen to the problem that i was xplaing fully and he wrote medication for me which he did not educate me at all(what medication it is). After using that medication, it had serious side effects on me(i did not sleep for 80 hours continuously) for which i had to go to his office again. If i have an option, i would want to sue this doctor for not listening to the patient and not educating the patient of type of medication and side affects.

July 14th, 2010
Wonderful Doctor!
I have HUGE anxiety when dealing with doctors. I have had so many bad experiences mostly to do with not listening to me. Gabriel Usry is by far the nicest and most caring doctor I have seen so far! The appointments are easy to setup, and the wait times are fairly short! I would give him a shot if you have had previous bad luck.

June 23rd, 2009
Nice Guy
I have been going to Dr. Usry for a few years now and he is really easy to talk with. Bedside manner means everything to me, and he actually isn't condencending or tries to cut down the patient. I am able to walk in and list out a ton of problems (I swear i'm not a hypochondriac) and he takes the time to address them all. Good guy, although my wife swears his wife (who also is a doc there) gave her a dirty look. =)

February 13th, 2015