Dr. Nerissa Guballa MD Patient Reviews

• Obstetrics and Gynecology New York, NY

• Good
  • Bad

May 12th, 2015
Very capable doctor with good bedside manner.

October 9th, 2014
Fantastic experience
I was sent to Dr. Guballa when my doctor was out on vacation and I needed to be looked at immediately. As much as I loved my original doctor, I think I've been converted. Dr. Guballa came in early to see me, there was no wait time and she was absolutely amazing. She talked me through everything and explained what she was doing and why (super important to someone as naturally curious as I am). She called me on my cell phone when she got all of the tests back and of course what she told me in her office was confirmed by the tests. I have recommended her to all of my friends and will continue to!

January 14th, 2012
Too conservative
Dr. Guballa delivered my second child and was over-the-top incredible. Her bedside manner could not be better.Five years later a 4.75 centimeter cyst showed up on a pelvic sonogram, followed up by an MRI a month later which apparently showed it was a dermoid (or benign cyst.) Dr. Guballa then encouraged me strongly to go into surgery immediately, saying it could overtake the sliver of ovary I had left. I was alarmed enough to book the surgery 4 days later and right before my holiday family trip. I then called my best friend who happens to be an OB and she was very confused as to what the rush was. Apparently with no symptoms of pain it would be common to wait a few months to see how it grows/shrinks. I decided to cancel the surgery and get another sonogram in the new year and to get a second opinion. It turned out that the cyst had shrank in half. I was very glad to have avoided an unnecessary surgery. Please make your own decisions about Dr. Guballa, as it is hard to find someone as personable and accommodating as her, but I just wanted to share my experiences, the good and the not as good.

October 5th, 2010
Fantastic MD.....Responsive, caring and super smart. Highly recommend..

September 11th, 2010
My Favorite Doctor
Dr. Guballa has operated on me twice. She is extremely patient and never makes me feel like I'm taking too much time. She has spent over 1/2 on the phone with me repeatedly when I had questions and is always careful about drug interactions when perscribing. She is a wonderful doctor and a lovely, caring person.

August 14th, 2017