Exceptional Doctor, I miss him show details Exceptional Doctor, I miss him
by Ms. D on Mar 1st, 2015

He was genuine and truly cared about helping me. I have bi-polar and he welcomed my family to attend my appointments with him. He always made you feel that you were the most important patient and spent the time. He was the best at being a professional and extraordinary on the human level. He was incredibly knowledgeable and thorough. He saved my life. He never gave up. I miss him, his medical guidance and wit. Always made you laugh yet took you very seriously. Although I cannot locate him I wish him well and i am grateful for knowing him.

BRILLIANT show details BRILLIANT
Oct 2nd, 2012

First, I must comment on the review, "UNCOMFORTABLE".I was also a patient of Dr. Vaschetto's and if he prescribed a medication, he always gave me a warning about calling him if any side effects showed up. He always warned me NOT to stop any medication because side effects from stopping cold turkey can cause suicidal thoughts, acute depression, breakdowns, etc. Medications also come with the same written warnings.He could be reached anytime (night or day) and he WANTED TO KNOW IF THERE WAS AN ISSUE.YOU COULD HAVE DIED BY NOT FOLLOWING HIS INSTRUCTIONS and that of the literature.Dr. Vaschetto helped me through the worst time of my life. He guided me to a safer place. I will always be grateful to him and his office manager Dee Dee for their compassion, wisdom and professionalism.

A DOCTOR WHO CARES show details A DOCTOR WHO CARES
Aug 20th, 2012

Dr. Vaschetto is an excellent psychiatrist. I was his patient for about 6 years until he retired. I had developed PTSD after the loss of my 28 year old son and couldn't even function. One of his John Muir colleagues told me that he had never seen a psychiatrist use talk therapy and medication so effectively. I had to move out of state after about 3 years and whenever I needed to speak with him he would promptly call me or even answer his cell phone if he was available. I considered him the one person I would always trust. Dee Dee, his assistant was the best.

no other like him show details no other like him
Nov 25th, 2011

Dr. Vaschetto was the best. Great sense of humor. I looked forward to visits, and made substantial progress with him. Engaging. One of a kind.

Excellent, Knowledgeable and Interested Doctor-A Rarity! show details Excellent, Knowledgeable and Interested Doctor-A Rarity!
Sep 6th, 2011

This Dr. takes the time to try to find the right solution;not, the simplest or most common.He considers as many aspects of your life as possible to determine what may be helped with medication.He has a sense of humor and seems to truly care.Unfortunately,Health Care,has reduced psychiatrists to basically medication managers who get maybe 15 minutes per patient.He breaks this mold and though it isn't easy to try meds and find they don't work and have to try something else;but,at least,I have confidence that he is actually working with me to find an overall way to get the best quality of life not just check me of his list for the day.He is a rare find in today's world of insurance company run health care and I cannot recommend him highly enough.His office staff is also top notch.

May 23rd, 2011

Great guy

uncomfortable show details uncomfortable
Feb 14th, 2011

I thought Dr. Vaschetto was really great for the first couple months until I told him I was having some really difficult side effects from one of my medications and stopped taking it. He was very rude and told me I could leave if I wasn't going to do exactly what he told me to do and stop complaining. It made for a very uncomfortable situation and I have been very uneasy in our appt's ever since. I finally decided I should see someone else that I can trust and feel comfortable with.

Oct 28th, 2010

He acted unprofessionally toward me, when I didn't behave the way he wanted me to he threw me out in the middle of a session and said to never come back, I understand as a psychiatrist he should have recommended other doctors for me since we didn't have a good relationship. He caused me severe issues and made my problems worse.