Dr. Neva Roark MD Patient Reviews

• Psychiatry Huntsville, AL

September 27th, 2016
My opinion is... Visit went well enough. We discussed my current meds and set the dose to take until the next visit. I requested a refill on one of the meds and she refused. Without any direct discussion with me. Her behavior has been very condescending and non professional. I believe, she believes, she is of the ruling class in position and her moral views. This judgmental behavior controls her actions concerning her patients. This could be a deadly relationship for someone. In my opinion anyone with this behavior should stop the practice of medicine until her internal problems are resolved. I believe she is doing more harm than good. I can not recommend anyone see her unless they are doing a study about the poor practice of medicine.

February 19th, 2014
A Joke
I waited 3+ Months to visit Dr.Roark at wellsprings (golf RD, Huntsville) I was making an appointment to get back on an Anxiety medication which i was prescribed by 2 other drs in a different state. I was on the medication for about a year and a half however, Dr.Roark refuses to prescribe any type of benzodiazepine. Instead, she wanted to put me back on a medication that i have already been on that did not work (gabapentin - which is for restless leg syndrome) I left the office and informed the clerk that i will not be wasting any more of my time at this office. All in All, i would rate this experience a 1 of 5 stars as Dr.Roark kept interrupting me and speaking over me as if she was impatient and did not really care to hear what i had to say.

July 12th, 2013
Judgemental and Lackluster
Over the years, I've seen great psychiatrists, average psychiatrists, but until I saw Dr. Roark, I'd never met such an uncaring psychiatrist. Note, she closed her private practice about a year ago, but she may be practicing elsewhere. Others need to know that, with me, Dr. Roark was quick to judge and had me on the wrong medications for years. I know this because, after closing her practice, I started seeing another psychiatrist. Together Dr. Williams and I reviewed Dr. Roark's notes about me--they could not have been more inaccurate! Beware with Dr. Roark...she may've been blasé because she was about to close her practice....but that's no excuse for giving a patient flagrantly inadequate care!