Dr. Neva Roark Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Neva Roark?

Weird and Distant

Posted on September 8th, 2017

She was distant and insisted on things about my depression that weren't accurate or helpful. This was a while ago, but I saw her for months, and I've have had time to get some perspective on it. She just wouldn't listen and didn't seem to care how I felt about it. She was weirder than other psychiatrists. Even my therapist, who has dealt with her, described her as "squirrelly".

Caring Psychiatrist

Posted on March 6th, 2017

She is always on top of things. Very caring. Returns phone calls.

Posted on September 28th, 2016

My opinion is... Visit went well enough. We discussed my current meds and set the dose to take until the next visit. I requested a refill on one of the meds and she refused. Without any direct discussion with me. Her behavior has been very condescending and non professional. I believe, she believes, she is of the ruling class in position and her moral views. This judgmental behavior controls her actions concerning her patients. This could be a deadly relationship for someone. In my opinion anyone with this behavior should stop the practice of medicine until her internal problems are resolved. I believe she is doing more harm than good. I can not recommend anyone see her unless they are doing a study about the poor practice of medicine.

A Joke

Posted on February 19th, 2014

I waited 3+ Months to visit Dr.Roark at wellsprings (golf RD, Huntsville) I was making an appointment to get back on an Anxiety medication which i was prescribed by 2 other drs in a different state. I was on the medication for about a year and a half however, Dr.Roark refuses to prescribe any type of benzodiazepine. Instead, she wanted to put me back on a medication that i have already been on that did not work (gabapentin - which is for restless leg syndrome) I left the office and informed the clerk that i will not be wasting any more of my time at this office. All in All, i would rate this experience a 1 of 5 stars as Dr.Roark kept interrupting me and speaking over me as if she was impatient and did not really care to hear what i had to say.

Judgemental and Lackluster

Posted on July 13th, 2013

Over the years, I've seen great psychiatrists, average psychiatrists, but until I saw Dr. Roark, I'd never met such an uncaring psychiatrist. Note, she closed her private practice about a year ago, but she may be practicing elsewhere. Others need to know that, with me, Dr. Roark was quick to judge and had me on the wrong medications for years. I know this because, after closing her practice, I started seeing another psychiatrist. Together Dr. Williams and I reviewed Dr. Roark's notes about me--they could not have been more inaccurate! Beware with Dr. Roark...she may've been blasé because she was about to close her practice....but that's no excuse for giving a patient flagrantly inadequate care!

RN