Dr. Neville Fernandes MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

August 12th, 2015
discussed
To make this as short as possible Fernandez refused to give me a colonoscopy after being very sick a few weeks prior. He said after healing we would proceed. After the required time had passed the excuse was that my deductible hadn't been met so I had to pay $900.00 plus dollars up front. I ended up having a horrible intestinal infection that I traveled over 700 miles to my hometown to have a long term dr of mine care for me. I returned to Hernandez for all of my follow up appts and treatment. I had the absolute hardest time getting returned phone calls from Kelly. It became routine for me to drive up to the office for lab result. I finally ended my dr/patient relationship after waiting weeks on a phone call for lab results once again. When I finally saw Kelly she told me that her grandmother passed and she was dealing with that. I ended up moving on. I do not recommend this Dr at all. A class in professionalism, ethics, and compassion is so needed for these so call professionals.

April 6th, 2013
Speech Pathologist
Dr. Fernandes did my and my husband's colonoscopy for our age 50 routine things we had to get done. He was outstanding! He is so nice, listens, he spends time with you and doesn't act rushed or hurried or preoccupied like most doctors do. He also is now our son's new doctor and he spent 45 minutes with us for my son (who has ulcerative colitis now 4 years) at his new patient visit. He explained all about living with colitis and calmed all our worries and fears. He is a wonderful doctor! He even gave us the name of a registered dietician who knows a lot about diet and UC if we wanted to contact her for a consult. His staff was extremely nice and helpful. Kelly assured me that SHE will personally make sure my son stays on his colitis meds, provide samples if needed, help us get discounts on meds, help Brad get a card for emergencies that colitis sufferers have occasionally and that she was so glad to have us there!

August 5th, 2010
My treatment is still ongoing with Dr Fernandes. So far, I have no complaints, other than a few weeks wait for an appt. That just probably means he's in high demand for being so good! He spends a lot of time with you and fully discusses your issue. Very friendly and caring.

December 10th, 2009
Excellence: Competent & Caring
On my first visit, I walked away satisfied. I found Dr. F very personable, and a genuine professional. What made him an excellent pick is easy to recount: he seemed geninue and caring, his excellent listening skills left you feeling he really listened, and from an executionary format, he knows his stuff. Because of these points, I felt comfortable in his hands for my procedure pre-op, and remain post-op.