A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Newton Muthunayagam:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 1.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Newton Muthunayagam is Satisfactory.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Newton Muthunayagam, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Endoscopic Ultrasound (Fetoscopy)
- Pancreatic Diseases
Education & Awards
Dr. Muthunayagam graduated from University of Kerala Medical College.
Dr. Muthunayagam has 11 hospital affiliations:
- Parma Community General Hospital
- Southwest General Health Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Muthunayagam accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Anthem - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 4 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama - 2 plans
- CareSource - 2 plans
- SummaCare Health Plan - 2 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
- Buckeye Community Health Plan - 2 plans