Dr. Newton Muthunayagam Is this you?

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Newton Muthunayagam?

September 21st, 2016

This doctor performed a colonoscopy on me and claimed that he had to abort because I was not cleaned even though I followed his instructions to the t. Since then he had refused to call me or his nurse call me to explain in detail the results and who pays for the second one. I have called over ten times leaving numerous messages for his nurse Kelly and not even one return call. It seems this doctor is out for the money not care of the patient

January 12th, 2016

Excellent Doctor.

January 10th, 2016

Run.

Please, listen to me. If I could give this man a "0," I would. He is rude, judgemental, bigoted and without skill.

June 30th, 2015

After the results of my colonoscopy were negative he offered no explanation for the episodes of severe pain, vomiting and diarrhea I had been having. One of which was just days before my follow up appointment. asked him about it twice and he did not suggest any tests or further action. I asked him to put in writing the medication instructions (I live in a skilled nursing facility and they must have instructions in writing) and he took the paper, but did not write the complete instructions,causing me to miss a full day of my medication. I brought test results from my facility and he did not even look at them.

February 4th, 2014

lacks empathy

My first experience with him was not a good one. He walked in the room, told me what procedure I needed and walked out without giving me time to ask questions. I figured he was the expert so I followed through. The procedure did reveal some problems which explained the horrible pain I was in. I was in so much pain, I could hardly function. I'm not one to ask for anything for pain, but I did this time. I was told by his secretary, Nancy, that he does NOT prescribe pain medicine. I was horrified that I would have to suffer even longer. It takes WEEKS to schedule procedures so I was in pain for WEEKS! I have never had a Dr. with less empathy than Dr. Newton. I'm sure if it was his wife/ GF/ sister/ mother in that kind of pain, he would have stepped in to help. After a procedure, the medical staff showed me what he wrote for a diagnosis but he told me something quite different. I was totally confused and worried about how the pain would be relieved and my condition fixed. I would not have gone back to him but unfortunately, he is the only Dr. that I'm aware of that performs certain procedures. I do not plan to see him again unless my life depends on it. I plan to do some research to find a Dr. with some empathy and someone who genuinely cares about their patients; not a dr who is only concerned about the money.

November 25th, 2013

Awesomeness

He is really good, and obviously knows what he's doing

July 23rd, 2013

He has very poor bedside manner. Was told I had an 11am appointment for results of a procedure he performed. He walked in the room at 12:15. Spent about 5 minutes. Little explanation of anything and then turned me over to the secretary. Did not even come back into the room. To say the least I was NOT impressed with him.

April 18th, 2013

Very bad doctor.

This doctor is careless, rude and unprofessional. His secretary (Nancy) is the same too. The three times that my mom had an appointment with him we were left waiting in his office for more than 1 hour, while he and his secretary were talking and laughing in the other room. Even when I told him that I have to go back to work he said that it will take 5 min but it actually took 40 more min for him to come and see my mom. His answers are not clear and he pushes for unnecessary test.

September 28th, 2012

Ridiculous - Find a different doctor

The ease of making the appointment was amazing. The person on the phone was wonderful.I got to my appointment at my scheduled time of 12:45. They let me know that the Doctor was running a little behind. After an hour of waiting and not seeing the doctor, I left. This is ridiculous and he should be ashamed that he does this to his patients. Find a different doctor!

July 12th, 2012

Pushed for test I didn't need. Told me to go elsewhere.

April 17th, 2012

I was sent to this gastroenterologist by my gastroenterologist because he had access to equipment needed to do a procedure (because of privileges at the downtown hospital that my doctor did not have). I was given a very cursory appointment (he didn't look at my information prior to the appt. that my doctor sent over, he didn't give an examination, he didn't explain the procedure, or the prep or possible complications... nothing). He had his asst. do scheduling and discussion of the prep and when I brought up concerns (I'd had problems with the prep before, she did not know how to answer them and he was apparently to busy to address this concern). Then when I had the procedure done, he was not dressed for surgery (he was in his street clothes -- and he had just done another procedure prior to mine) and my mother saw him leave the area to go to lunch while I was having my procedure done. He saw me in the elevator on my way out of the hospital and told me they were biopsying a piece of tissue... it's been a month and I and my doctors have not received any results. I've called the office several times and have received no call back. Not happy with this doctor's bedside manner, follow through, or just plain common sense courtesy.

January 27th, 2012

Ed

Dr. Newton and the entire staff are outstanding! I highly recommend both Dr. Newton, the practice, and their staff