Primary Care Doctor, Family Practitioner

Best doctor!! show details Best doctor!!
by Lisa Yung on Jan 8th, 2016

He is always take good cares of me!

Oct 15th, 2015

The only thing they lied to me , they told me physical check up is no copay however they still charge me $15 dollar .

by LovSar on Oct 2nd, 2015

Very compassionate and eager to help,it was a pleasant experience, highly recommended!

by Jenelle D. on Sep 10th, 2015

It is always a pleasant experience to visit Dr. Phan. Dr.Phan is an excellent doctor, he takes time to listen to you and address all your concerns quickly and efficiently. Dr. Phan is very approachable!

Probably the office Staff show details Probably the office Staff
Aug 17th, 2015

After 30 years with the same doctor, it cam time to change. Dr. Phan came highly recommended. I set an appointment and was give a 9am Monday morning appointment. Staff friendly on the phone. I arrive and am told "Oh, the Doctor doesn't come in until 10:00 on Mondays." I ask why I was scheduled for 9 when the doctor doesn't come in until 10, I was told someone made a mistake. Could I come back at 10? Well, since I had to take the day off work anyway, I rearranged something and came back at 10. Dr. and nurse were pleasant. Dr. order some blood work. I ask for a referral to a dermatologist for a recurring problem. He'll get me the referral. In the mean time, get the blood work done. I get the bloodworm done 3 days later. 2 weeks after that I get a call from the office. "The Doctor needs to see you about your results. Can you come in next Friday at 4:00pm?" I agree. On the Thursday night before my Friday appointment (again, I've schedule to take Friday off of work), I get a call..."Why did you set your appointment on Friday at 4:00?" Well, I explain, I didn't. Your male co-worker gave me that appointment...I didn't ask for that time. "Well, the Doctor isn't in of Fridays." "Well, then why would he have scheduled me for then?" "Well, it is a mistake." I explain I had taken the day off, but since the Doctor isn't in on Fridays, can we reschedule for a day he is in? I am asked to hold. An unidentified woman comes on the phone and says she will go over the blood work with me...there is no need to come in (they were the ones who told me I needed to come in). She explains and says she will call in some meds the doctor wants me to take regarding cholesterol. "Now, in 2 and 1/2 months, make an appointment to see Doctor as he'll want to follow up." I ask about the referral to a dermatologist. "Oh, you'll have to discuss that when you see the doctor." So, about 3 weeks ago, I make my follow-up appointment for today and am given 10am. I am told to arrive at 9:45. I arrive at 9:45. I am the 1st to arrive and sign in. No one asks for my insurance or co-pay. Meanwhile, 8 other people come in and sign in after me. By 10:30 -- when they finally ask for my co-pay -- all 8 of the people who came in after me have been taken into the exam rooms. Some have left and there are two new arrivals. Each time he took someone to the back, the male nurse indicates only a few more minutes. At 10:45, I tell them I am leaving and explain this is the third time something like this has happened. Horrid, horrid experience 3 times in a row.

3 hours wasted... show details 3 hours wasted...
by Anon on Jul 10th, 2015

Whenever I go to this doctor's office with my mom it'd usually go by smoothly and quickly. However, when I went to the office with my older brother, 18 years old, and without an appointment I had to wait for exactly 3 hours to finish my visit. I know that not making an appointment can effect the timing and such, but I went to the place when it JUST OPENED, 9AM. I just needed the doctor to check my body and then fill out a physical. But, he kept leaving over and over again while I was filling out paperwork. Each time he left I would have to wait about 20 minutes or longer. When my brother asked the people at the desk why is was taking so long, the people said they didn't know. The people occasionally checked my room to see if anyone were still inside, which means that they weren't even acknowledging my existence. I was their second patient of the day and they couldn't even acknowledge this. This makes me feel that they're very irresponsible and aren't courteous enough to think about their patient's time. When I went back to the waiting room, I saw the whole room filled with old people waiting for their turn to get checked up. This made me feel horrible, because the doctor made me wait so many times I had wasted their time as well.

Old Time Family Doctor show details Old Time Family Doctor
by Edward T on Mar 7th, 2013

I've been a patient of Dr. Pham's for many years, even before he started his own practice. Unlike so many doctors nowadays, Dr. Pham always patiently answers my questions and never rushes me through the exam. He is genuinely caring. I asked him how he can make a good profit operating like this, and he told me that he has to work evenings at a retirement home to support his family. His staff can be sloppy, though, such as billing an insurance company that I hadn't been insured by for five years. Nevertheless, I would not consider leaving Dr. Pham.

Excellent Doctor show details Excellent Doctor
Oct 23rd, 2012

I have been Dr. Phan's patient for over 10 years. He is a very caring doctor and takes his time with his patients. He is like an old time family doctor. Those are very rare these days. He does not refuse to see walk-ins; consequently, the wait to see him can be close to an hour. However, I find it is worth the wait to see him. A couple of his staff members have very heavy accents which makes it somewhat difficult to communicate with them, but they are attentive. Bring a book to read even if you have an appointment.

Mar 13th, 2012

No matter where you got to the doctor's you can't escape a waiting time, but nerverthe less my experience overall with this doctor was a good one. I did have to wait a little, but the doctor was caring and kind. The staff is also very polite.

Feb 7th, 2012

I took my mom (63 years old) to an appointment with Dr. Phan. We chose him because, of the doctors on the list given to us by the PPO, his office was relatively close and Vietnamese was listed as one of his spoken languages (my mother speaks Vietnamese). Also, the (very few) reviews of him online were good.When we got there, we had to sit in the waiting room for over an hour and a half even though we had an appointment. Then, when my mother got inside and the doctor finally got to her, the only thing he said to her (not in Vietnamese) was to ask her what language she spoke. He never communicated with her again after that. Instead, he spent the rest of the time speaking to his student doctor, who was wonderfully helpful and much more informative than the doctor. Dr. Phan apparently never felt the need to acknowledge my mother's existence after the initial question and didn't bother to tell her anything. AT ALL.He didn't bother to tell her what he thought could be wrong, what he was going to do next, what he wanted her to do, ANYTHING. He never spoke to her. It was the student doctor who was assisting who spoke to her.He didn't bother to tell her he wanted her to get a couple of ultrasounds and that he was referring her to a gynecologist. He didn't bother to ask about any prescriptions she'd need to continue with her medication. NOTHING. We had to ask at the front desk later for the prescriptions.It wasn't until about a week later when we get letters in the mail from the PPO approving the referrals that we realized we were expected to see this gynecologist and to get some ultrasounds. Of course, since he never spoke to her, we didn't know WHY we needed the specialist and the ultrasounds.So we go in to see Dr. Phan again. Again, he doesn't bother talking to my mother (except, again, for that first question of what language she speaks). Of course, this pisses my mom off. I mean, getting treated this way once, okay, maybe it was a bad day for him? But both times he's seen her, here's ignored her. Why bother figuring out she speaks Vietnamese if you're not even going to talk to her?Then, when I ask if it's alright for her to choose her own gynecologist from the PPO list since this would be really, really personal doctor-patient interaction (my mom wants a woman, first of all -- she's gone to a male one before and she was very uncomfortable with the experience), he gets kind of pissy about it and says, first of all, he chose this (male) doctor for us because he's familiar with this doctor's work, etc., and that it might take weeks, weeks!, for us to get approval from the PPO, and if my mom's situation is serious, the faster she sees a gynecologist the better, etc.,. Basically, it's a bunch of bullsh*t because, frankly, in our network, we don't need to get some special referral to see an ob-gyn as long as the ob-gyn is on the list, we can just call one up and make an appointment. Also, it took all of one week for the approval letters to get to us from the time of our first appointment with Dr. Phan. One week. Then he started bullsh*tting about how, if we chose our own gynecologist, it could take a long time to even get an appointment. Yeah, well, the same goes for the referred doctor, you know. We didn't get bumped when we called to make an appointment. They didn't even ask if it was a referall.Meanwhile, we were having problems with the prescriptions. Apparently, even though he'd written them for us, he hadn't bothered to send in a pre-authorization to the PPO so that the payment for the medication could actually be approved by the PPO so we could actually pick up the medicine. So we called his office and told the office assistant the problem. She said she'd get the doctor to sign the paper and fax it in. This actually takes place over 3 weeks. Three weeks and he couldn't fax in the form!Then, instead of doing that, he just changed the medication to one that didn't need authorization from him. Didn't bother informing us or asking us if that was okay. Just changed it so that when we went back to the pharmacy, we ended up with some other medicine that we hadn't heard of and knew nothing about. So we called again and asked what was up with the change (without any prior warning or even notification). After a couple of days of constantly calling almost every hour, on the hour, I guess they got tired of me bugging them because the office assistant finally told me that the doctor had agreed to sign the form and fax it off. Finally! Was that so hard for him to do?Not that I've confirmed that he's done it yet. I'll have to call the PPO tomorrow and check.So, overall, our experience with Dr. Phan has been just shy of horrible.