Dr. Ngoc-Ha Nguyen MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.6

November 5th, 2015
I have been visiting Dr. Nguyen for about five years. Dr. Nguyen Ngoc-Ha has good memories with the phone numbers for other doctors that she wants to give a referral. She always busy and always rush and rush. I noticed that she spent difference amount of time with difference patient. She should spend more time with every patient who comes to see her. All patient should be treated fairly. Some of her staff are not polite. She should know what is happening at the front. Her staff should set up a system to remind patients for their appointment, if she does not have enough staff to call patient for a reminder. One time, when I got reaction to the medicine that she gave me, I went back to meet her and she told me that's is the medicine that I should take. Nothing she can do. It's just my body. She did not give me any other medicine to substitute that medicine.

March 19th, 2013
Getting worse and worse..
This is my 4th or 5th time visiting Dr. Nguyen and I am definitely changing my PCP. I visited her with my family member and she has no respect and I feel WORSE after visiting her because of her bad bedside manner. Basically she tells me I should visit her only when I'm really sick (not when I suspect some infection which could go bad if I leave it untreated). Also, she doesn't even sit down with me and was ready to leave after talking to me for a couple of minutes. I waited for 1 hr or so and I couldn't wait any longer so I had to ask receptionists several times just to see her.. I felt like crying because she thinks I'm a worrywart and crybaby who visits her for nothing. I had an acute appendicitis when I was young and I could have died if it wasn't diagnosed within a few hours so I know the timely check up when I'm symptomatic is really crucial. She also made fun of the food I eat (my culture basically) and I was pretty offended. All American doctors should be culturally competent when they treat patients and be sensitive about any cultural comments they're making as they talk to their patients. I thought the staff members were courteous and professional enough though.. but overall, it wasn't worth my time. If you're not very sick and you're visiting her for annual exams / mild-medium symptoms with pain level 3-5 out of 10, you will not like her for sure.

October 9th, 2012
Rushing
Rushing on appointment. I had a physical check up and she spent about 3 Mounties with me. Not recommend this doctor

October 9th, 2012
Bad bad
The staffs are snobby and rude. Waiting time is ridiculous and doctor always rushes through

September 24th, 2012
Disappointing docotr
I've been seeing this doctor over the years, mostly because it's hard to find another doctor in the area that is convenient for me. She hardly spends time with me, I cannot ask any follow-up questions, even when she needs to see me for an emergency, it's not possible to see or even speak to her on the phone within a few days (and yet she is my family doctor). I think her ethical standards and attitude towards her patients can be significantly improved.

December 20th, 2011
Visit at your own risk
Dr. Nguyen has been our family doctor for some time and with the increase of her popularity it's not surprising her office is busy. The first issue I have with office is her staff, the younger receptionists female and male are exceptionally rude and unprofessional. I do not appreciate their attitude when dealing with my parents and other elderly patients as I have witnessed myself. The second issue is her misdiagnosing my mother. My mother ended up two weeks in the hospital for a perforated appendix but she said it's just excessive gas in the abdominal area. Then she gave my mother two medications to take and if that doesn't work she even written up a referral to go to a center for a scan. Because of this my mother who is also at fault waited too long and ends up in the hospital for 2 weeks one week in the ICU. After she was discharged she was having problems with her respiratory system and was told by the general surgeon to follow up with her regular doctor as fluid in the lungs is a condition in which it has to be treated on a long term plan. I explained the issue and as well as the urgency to the office staff and she stated she wants my mother to wait AFTER the holidays to make an appointment. Problem, my mom is having difficulty breathing through out the day it comes and go. I mentioned fluid in the lungs and she is very frail from the surgery, if to any normal person that doesn't sound urgent then I have no idea what is urgent to this office staff. Should the patient wait and until she is drowning to be admitted in the hospital once again? Third issue are the appointments. Despite booking an appointment with the staff it is always delayed because conveniently the doctor is always behind. so if you book an appointment you can expect to wait atleast 30 - 60 minutes before you can see the doctor or even be escorted to the consultation room. I love my parents so I am having them transferred to another doctor who can give them the attention and time that is needed. Save yourself the misery!

October 11th, 2011
She has a fantastic memory and remembers things she has told me several visits ago.She answers questions fully and knoweledgeably. She does not do unnecessary tests. I have a great deal of confidence in her .

December 3rd, 2010
She is a very good doctor.
She is young, but conservative in her approach. By that I mean she is willing to order test for you to get to the bottom of the problem instead of dismissing the problem or waiting to see how things progress. She spends a lot of time with her patients and is an incredibly nice person. I agree that the annual physical is a little lacking, but if you come in for it and ask for the tests you want she will do them.

October 27th, 2009
Incomplete Physical Exam
I have been a patient at this office for 3-4 years and I don't like their annual physical exam. Annual physical exam is a joke at this office. There is no skin, lung, eye and ear to be looked at unless the patient asks for EACH one.

June 5th, 2009
I love Dr. Nguyen and have recommended her to many friends.