A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Nicholas Barna:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Nicholas Barna is Satisfactory.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Nicholas Barna, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
- Plastic Surgery Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery
Education & Awards
Dr. Barna graduated from Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Barna has 11 hospital affiliations:
- Hazleton Saint Joseph Medical Center
- WVHCS Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Barna accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross of Northeastern Pennsylvania - 2 plans
- Geisinger Health Plan - 2 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Gateway Health Plan - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Nicholas J. Barna practice?
Dr. Nicholas Barna practices Ophthalmology, Surgery, Plastic Surgery, and Facial Plastic Surgery near Hazleton, PA.
Additional practice locations include: Kingston, PA.
See Hazleton Ophthalmologists, Hazleton Surgeons, and Hazleton Plastic Surgeons.