Dr. Nicholas Barna MD Patient Reviews

• Ophthalmology Hazle Township, PA

3.3

March 11th, 2016
Ex-patient
This doctor can be skilled in his routine eye procedures but he certainly doesn't instill a patient's confidence in him. Besides, you feel you are on a conveyer belt of lined up patients waiting for usual eye work. One gets the impression he would perform two at a time, if allowed, one with each hand. He's very greedy to do cosmetic work--very expensive and you need to pay cash in full prior to the work. Then, he's been known to bill your insurance company for his facilities and services for any follow up work. After cosmetic procedure.You can be left home over the weekend without a response to a phone call for help. Sad that patients are treated as a revenue source rather rhan a feeling person. He controls his staff for their loyalty--or else. It's obvious a number of them don't respect him, and some of those who follow his dictates can be just as cold and uncaring as he is. He's good but no good.

October 19th, 2015
The only problem was that no appointments were available after 3:00 pm. The end of the work day for a lot of people.

August 5th, 2015
LASIK
I have never had any time of surgery prior to my experience with Dr. Barna, and all I can say is that I would have never imagined feeling so reassured from start to finish. I was taken care of. That's the easiest way to put it. All of Dr. Barna's staff were also a delight. He even continued to call me post surgery to ensure I was doing OK and happy with my results. I believe he went above and beyond while most doctors are fine with the status quo. Wonderful experience.

March 26th, 2014
Ignorant
I feel his staff was cold and ignorant, so worried about collecting the co-pay and insurance. I felt he was curt and cool, and he chagres over what insurance covers.

April 8th, 2013
Eye lid surgery
It has been 5 years since I had surgery on my eyelids and I still curse Dr Barna everyday, my eyes are red and dry, they itch all the time, I thought it would go away in time but no such luck. BIG MISTAKE! Also you can see where every stitch was placed. It was FAR from a cosmetic procedure for me, I look worse now than I ever did.

October 23rd, 2011
eye lid surgery
Dr. Barna preformed eyelid surgery on me 2 years ago and I have had nothing but problems since then. Biggest mistake of my life!

June 23rd, 2011
Dr. Barna is one of the best. All around great experience, from the time I walked in the door until I left the office. Everyone in both the Kingson office & in Hazleton were A+. Very kind and considerate every step of the way. Thanks for making an 'uneasy' kind of day more relaxing than I thought it could be.

February 25th, 2010
Blephoplasty
Dr Barna recommended I have the excess skin on my eyelids removed, saying it was "No big deal" , I would have the surgery on Thursday and be back to work on Monday. I was so swollen on Monday I could not even wear my glasses. I was black and blue for a month. It was a nightmare, I would never recommend him to anyone!He is rude and very arrogant!