Dr. Nicholas Boulis MD Patient Reviews

• Neurological Surgery Atlanta, GA

August 19th, 2016
Overall, Dr Boulis is an amazing brilliant surgeon. I had a really abnormal tumor in my spinal cord the size of a pear that he removed . He described it as like a rats nest of nerves wrapping around it. I have no secondary effects which is amazing that i didn't walk away with some sort of permanent damage somewhere. He is a forward thinking surgeon liking to use state of the art technology. It was a very painful surgery to recover from but his staff was so caring and he used this new technique to help with pain management. I would HIGHLY recommend Dr Boulis. He is worth the wait!

August 2nd, 2016
In May 2012, Dr. Boulis operated on me at Emory Clinic for symptoms of Trigeminal Neuralgia. This surgery was very successful and I'm glad that I had access to such a skilled surgeon. I have never taken the opportunity to thank him, but am very grateful to him.

July 22nd, 2016
Communication Excellent
explanation of procedure was very detailed and technical We had a clear understanding of our options. .

May 30th, 2016
Great Doctor, I was pleased with DR> Boulis and his team!

September 24th, 2015
Life-Changing
I had terrible trigeminal neuralgia pain (I also have MS.) I feel like a new person after my surgery with Dr. Boulis. I am so thankful for this miracle!

March 13th, 2015
Dr. Boulis performed MVD surgery for me. There is one word to describe him...fabulous!

February 18th, 2015
Top Notch Doc and Neurosurgery Team
One month after MVD procedure for TN pain, I am pain free and medication free!

September 12th, 2013
Miracle
I have suffered from head, ear, and neck pain for 13 years. I have been to numerous doctors, had numerous misdiagnosis, and had numerous procedures with no pain relief. Dr. Boulis implanted a neurostimulator and I have experienced relief for the first time in years. He had an immediate diagnosis during my first visit. He is an extremely caring physician and wants the best for all of his patients. His medical knowledge seeps from every part of his being. I highly recommend Dr. Boulis.

June 21st, 2012
Joseph Rosenfeld
My wife who has MS and trigeminal neuralgia, suffered with this painful affliction for years. The past two years have been the most difficult for the both of us, with her screaming in intense pain,and not being able to speak, eat or drink. The only course of action that other physicians would prescribe was increased dosages of medication.Finally, through the wisdom of Dr. Ben Thrower of Shepherd Center's MS Institute, we were referred to Dr. Boulis. After thoroughly examining my wife and listening carefully and empathetically to our plight,Dr. Boulis clearly explained the options for surgery.He alowwed us time to think about what option to choose for surgery, but his very clear explanation allowed my wife to decide on what option to choose right there in the office, during her appointment.One month after the appointment, the surgery took place. As risky a procedure as it was, there were no ill effects,she felt immediate relief, and is able to eat and drink,and speak and laugh normally without pain. Dr. Boulis has literally changed her life with his wisdom, skill and compassion. I would recommend this outstanding physician to anyone in need of neurosurgery!!!!

August 2nd, 2011
HORRIBLE STAFF
Dr. Boulis is great but his Office makes you want to find another Doctor. One word comes to mind when I call his office ok actually two Nightmare and Headache. His staff are so unprofessional and rude! I knew more than them and I'm not even a nurse. It's sad that such a good Doctor has such poor staff representing him. It makes you not want to use him just so you dont have to contact his staff. Please rethink all of your options before you make a Appointment.

March 30th, 2010
I love my Neurogurgeon!!
Dr.Boulis is a wonderful doctor who has a great personality, not a stuff shirt like so many of the other doctors I have dealt with in the past. He has given me my life back.

January 8th, 2010
a medial office nightmare
Dr Boulis may be a fine doctor, but his support staff and office are the absolute worst. Firt time we tried to get an appointment, his office took 5 months to call us back. My husband was in too much nerve pain to wait. We finally went back after another surgery, thinking Emory was the last best hope, a place that could help. After 1 visit and a round of tests, we can't get a return call back from his office regarding test results or a follow up appointment, and now the insurance company suspended my husband's disabiliy benefits because Boulis' office responded to their request for docuements to continue coverage, with an invoice to provide those documents. When we try to call to get the mess sorted out, NO RETURN PHONE CALL. My husband is in constant severe pain, and now we have to deal with this nightmare office. We haven't had this issue with any of our other doctors during my husband's illness, and they are the only office that has refused to submit paperwork to continue benefits.