Dr. Nicholas Cannarozzi MD Patient Reviews

• Rheumatology West Orange, NJ

1.9

February 23rd, 2016
Got lucky and didnot get past the office staff
We went to the address that was listed in Blue Cross and on the WEB, for a first appointment The office door was still there but they had moved We immediately called the office number and got it straighten out. Unfortunately we were using a cab service so we would be 10 minutes late for the appointment. We were told rather rudely "not on time no appointment". They did make another appointment but I could not feel good about going to that practice and went wit another doctor. After reading other posts I say thank you to that rude staff

January 29th, 2016
Terrible service
Both him and his staff were very rude and insensitive to patient. They always keep you wait forever and are disorganized in making appoitments. Set that aside, he is clueless when it comes to diagnosis. Don't waste your time.

October 26th, 2015
He had no idea what was wrong with me. Screamed at me when I told him I tested positive for Lyme. He said I had RA, even though he tested me for RA and it was negative. He said he discovered Lyme and I didnt have it. So I left, never to return. I got treated for Lyme, and I am fine now.

March 28th, 2015
Skip this one and find someone who is up with the times.
He is known by his reputation. I found this reputation to be WRONG. He is rude. And his staff cover up for him. I arrived 30mins before my appointment, because I was new. As advised, because I would have paperwork. The office wasn't open yet and it was 30 mins before it opened. And it wasn't by a regular staff worker. It was by a person who draws blood. I was in incredible pain in my hips and knees and was referred to him by my doctor. I waited an extra 15 mins before the staff arrived and I was given my forms. There was a lot of information and would have done better to mail it to me. Since I live in the same town and I could have come prepared and would have gotten in earlier. When I finally saw the doctor, he was grilling me about 'why' I was on disability. Which I understand his need to know if there was another diagnosis, but his mannerism and tone of voice was accusatory and rude. He looked over my blood work and kept shaking his head and seemed confused. It showed I had Sjogrens Disease. An autoimmune disease and the count was high. He comes over and feels my fingers and elbows and wrists and I'm sitting on the table telling him I'm in a lot of pain, but its in my hips and knees. And all he kept saying was 'I don't understand'. So he sends me for more blood work and hip x-rays. My transportation shows and he complains and says, 'why would you call your transportation when I haven't finished seeing you.' More accusatory and rude behavior, I was about to tell him where to go, when his staff stepped in and explained it was red cross and they close at noon. So I had to go. I had been there since 9:30 am. He said, take Tylenol. I said I had been 1,500 mg twice a day. He says that's not much take more if you need it. I can't prescribe you anything. Yeah, but it's my liver and I don't want to damage it. A few days later my primary gets his results. I have arthritis and that's all he put down. Since it didn't show any Rheumatoid Arthritis indicators. But these are two things I knew BEFORE I went into the appointment. So he charges $385 for a doctors visit. He doesn't like taking Medicare and pretty much just dismissed me, because I didn't have Rheumatoid Arthritis. There are types of RA that don't show up on the standard tests. I have Sjogrens Disease which is an autoimmune disease, and I was unaware that Rheumatoid Arthritis doctors treat different types of autoimmune diseases. Dr. Cannarozzi didn't even bother to refer me to a colleague who could offer me help. I spent time on forums and doing searches until I finally found someone to help with the incredible pain I am/was feeling. MY advice, Don't believe the hype. He may have been on top of his field years ago, but he needs to retire and take some sensitivity courses. He is rude and charges too much money for the below par care he provides. I wouldn't refer ANYONE to him. No stars. But you have to give him one to post.

December 2nd, 2014
Please don't waste your time and money!
He should have retired years ago. Seriously! Years ago I stuck with him even though the long (hours) waiting. Finally went to different Dr. He's confused, uncaring, scattered, and as it would suck if he was a Baker, cause you'd get a bad cake. But this man is a doctor that is screwing around with people's health and well being. FYI I agree with everyone here. Also I would zero stars if I could to get posted.

July 8th, 2013
office staff rude ,

January 25th, 2013
Absolutely HORRIBLE!!!
Wrong diagnosis, no personality...at all!, and didn't care about me as a person or my symptoms! Gave me a diagnosis and meds (dangerous ones to boot) without first getting my blood work done...all after waiting 3 hours! Thank god I had the foresight to leave him and his diagnosis and run!!! Stay away! Oh, by the way, the only reason I gave one star for each of the questions was because if I hadn't, this review would not have been posted. He and the office staff deserve negative number ratings ONLY!!!! Once again! STAY AWAY!!!!!

July 25th, 2012
Horrible
This doctor is a total ripp off he doesn't help you at all and he charges you for bullssshit! don't ever go there because you would do a huge mistake.

August 4th, 2011
misdiagnosis
The doctor told us my daughter did not have lupus after doing bloodwork. After going to a new rheumatoligist, it turns out she does have lupus and Dr. Cannarozzi read the bloodwork results wrong or didn't read them at all. Pretty sad if you ask me.

January 22nd, 2011
Don't waste your time and money!!!
This doctor should have retired many years ago. He's ignorant, rude, uncaring, difficult, and stubborn. He is scattered, confused, and seemingly can only get focused on only the ridiculous details, like another doctors address for example, and can't move past it, wasting your little amount of time alloted for you. He doesn't see you as a person, never actually looked at my face, but only shuffled papers. He's NOT going to help you, unless you are one of the few of the lucky who have an obvious dx with an obvious treatment. Otherwise, I would say truly from the heart, to please find someone else. He's not worth your time or your money!

September 28th, 2010
Beware!!!!!!
This dr is really horrible. I wanted over an hour to be seen. It wasn't until I was about to leave after I took my clothes off waiting , that he came in. He only spent literally 12 minutes with me, with poor examination skills. No care in the world. Why is he still practicing???? He staff also is disgusting. I was so mad because I paid my copay without receiving any real care.

November 17th, 2009
Patient
I am a breast cancer survior with alot of health issue. I sat the first time in his office for 3 hours waiting to see him. When calling for my results and wanting to speak with him on the phone his staff would not put him on the phone.I had to make a appointment to get my results. He tooks some more tests and I explained to him in person how upset I was about not being able to speak with him regarding my test.The second time I called back to get the follow up test again he would not speak to me and I insisted that I would hold on the phone until he spoke with me after calling FOUR days in a row requesting a call back from him directly and not receiving one I demanded to hold on the phone until he spoke with me.Well the very busy doctor did not like this and was nasty and told me he had patients sitting in his waiting room that needed his attention.Well, his bed side manner is awful and I let him know that I spent Four hours in his awful waiting room and expected him to give me back 5 minutes of his time without having to come in a pay him for another visit and co-pay to explain what all this meant.He got nasty and I hung up and started looking for a new doctor.