inactive

Nicholas J Caputo DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.6

October 21st, 2013
Doctor at the hospital
Excellent doctor, bright and caring physician... would recommend to family and friends.

August 28th, 2013
Doesn't believe patients
Dr Caputo will need to see one's medical records in order to believe a patient. So bring all your labs, dr notes, surgical history, radiology reports, films etc., and who knows if he will believe you then. He knows everything and do not dare to tell him otherwise. I'm certain he believes he is infallible, and knows a patient more than they know themselves.

August 25th, 2013
Caputo doesn't listen
I came into the ER from my doctors office. Dr. Caputo was in charge of my care at the hospital. He did no exam, little eye contact. He glared at me when asking him about his sense of humor. He asked why I was there. I told him symptoms. He didn't check on dosages for home prescriptions wrote some notes and walked out the door. The nursing staff started to follow his orders. I tried to convey the issues which included weakness, vision issues and headaches with some tremor and numbness. I started getting tested labs and several cardiac tests. Additionally the neurologist came in and ordered his tests. The problems started with not being told what all the tests would be. I explained several times that when I lay down headaches start and if laying down too long vision and other issues A structural issue. This was ignored by Caputo by way of nursing staff. I told the neurologist the same thing. The hospital ran all these tests which I didn't know why but was explained by staff before their respective completion. Still all the while having the headaches and vision issues trusting dr. Caputo. The first issue was being offered medications not on my list. 1 an anti clotting med for extended bed stay. 2 not getting my medications I was normally on for a while. Then being offered my meds at an incorrect dosages. I refused the incorrect dosage and the staff wrote refusing medications. I just wanted someone to look at the back of my head a doctor feel it and offer tests to I. D. the issue for a resolution. Someone ordered an MRI of the brain which seemed reasonable given the history but not common sense if the issue was a tear in some ligament at the back of the head. Having a close space issue I told the doctors I need to be knocked out unconscious. The pharmacy relying on dr Caputo gave me oral meds which would do little to KNOCK the patient out. It was also offered TOO LATE for the meds to kick in. The schedule issue only put off the MRI tech who wanted to go home by 10pm. The nurse offered the insufficient oral meds at 9:15 which after taking didn't do a thing. Still having issues I was given more expensive tests which would not examine or explain the structural issue at the back of the neck/head. All the expensive tests came back OK NO SURPRISE BUT NOW I WAS SHOWN THR DOOR not getting the diagnostic tests needed or told we can't determine what the problem or solution would be. AGAIN expensive tests no farther along nor help. They told me the labs looked good and the other tests negative. I WASN'T IN FOR UNNESSARY OR UNWANTED DIAGNOSTICS. WHAT A SURPRISE. Instead of now listening to the patient everything was driven by a doctor who didn't listen nor ask the questions. I was told there was a process to help the patient but Nate told me to go back to the ER. INSANITY is doing the same thing expecting a different result. I tried talking to Nate further and he was busy with a "true emergency". I think the head supervisor should have backup for those of us who are low priority. So now I have a huge bill not one step closer to helping with the pain. A low priority. And still told how Chandler regional or "DIGNITY CARES". Caputo discharged me not caring I had the same issues and gave me to a social worker. I checked others who complained about dr Caputo and he seems to be consistent. He didn't go over all the tests. And when he found out I complained he real eased me before all the tests resulted and ignored my ongoing medical issues saying tests didn't show anything. The neurologist was sympathetic but said CAPUTO made the overall decision and it wasn't up to the neurologist but he was certain something was wrong. So this dr Caputo pushed a patient out needing help because of his failing to listen or ask the right questions.

October 18th, 2012
The mans a jerk
What he told me in the hospital verses what he reported to my doctor was totally opposite, he told me I was fine but told my doctor I had a demyelating diease. He even recomend I seek a different hospital the next time I have stroke like systems I am not sure if ambulances allow you to do that. The man was totally fippant and a complete jerk.