Dr. Nicholas De Chadenedes MD Patient Reviews

2.6

June 23rd, 2015
DO NOT LET THIS DR. PERFORM CIRCUMCISION!
He performed our oldest son's circumcision which developed adhesions and fusions (skin bridges). We had asked him multiples times about these over the years and have been told they would go away over time. Our son is nearly 5 and they have not resolved themselves and have begun causing him pain. After consulting with a specialist, we discovered they require corrective surgery! We are beyond angry that A) it was not done well, and B) he did not consider our concerns seriously in order to identify that there was a problem and take early measures to correct it. We should be able to rely on our doctors to identify and treat medical issues. I do not feel I can trust his professional opinion any longer. I hope no one else has to go through this.

May 26th, 2015
Horrific
I find it hard to believe that Dr. ‘Nick’ deChadenedes is still practicing at Providence. The normal doctor I see wasn’t available so I opted to see Dr. Nick. He has the worst bedside matter that I’ve witnessed. I took my 2.5 year old for a rash on her legs and right off the bat he started making offhand comments. I didn’t think much of it until the end of our appointment when he mentioned my daughter was behind on her vaccines. I told him that we opted to do an alternative schedule and that’s when he told me that this ‘wasn’t an alternative schedule’. Umm I’m pretty sure it is, I’m following Dr. Sears’ schedule and have done my research. He then went on to tell me that my daughter was a risk to society and that she should not go to school or church. He also said that 10 patients at that clinic had transplants and that if my daughter gave them measles then they would die. I was beyond horrified and disgusted the way he spoke to my family. It’s one thing if we don’t see eye to eye on vaccines and if he was trying to educate us but this was outright shaming us. I told him that we would be going to another clinic and he didn’t seem to care one bit. As we were leaving he noticed my daughter was wearing a diaper and asked if we started potty training. We told him that my daughter is potty train 99% but we still have her in a diaper for outings just in case. Keep in mind, this was not a wellness check and he was way off base for bringing up the items that he did and speaking to us like second class citizens. Remind me why this ‘doctor’ has a job again?

April 20th, 2015
Excellent Doctor, really knows kids.

February 6th, 2015
Dr. D-bag
Doctor Nic was a total a-hole. Referred to me as "you medicaid people" in a derogatory way.

March 23rd, 2013
If Dr. D's the one on call, don't expect any help!
My son had been suffering from a chronic illness that seemed to ramp up severely on the weekend. I wanted to speak with the doctor on call to see if I should take my son in to urgent care to be seen and have another x-ray to evaluate the status of his condition. Dr. Dechadenedes was the doctor on call and told me "the after hours doctor is ONLY for NEW AND EMERGENT issues" and said he didn't have a computer in front of him to review my son's chart and had never seen my son (I usually see Dr. Gan or Dr. Suzuki), so basically I was wasting his time and should just take him in to the ER. If that's his level of patient care and concern, then I will be avoiding his patient care for my children!!!

February 21st, 2013
My kids like him
I have 4 children and we have gone there since my oldest was an infant. He listens to what the kids have to say and always asked about the other kids. He isnt a pill pusher,he makes sure its an appropriate medication and follows procedure. He asks a lot of questions about family as a whole,and is kind and playful with the kids,they were never afraid of him. I would still go,but we moved.

October 28th, 2012
He's Awful! Take your kid to someone else in the practice
I have taken my son to see "Dr. Nick" a few times now, and hated every single experience. The 3rd time I got fed up. He barely looked in my sons ears for maybe a second and said "it's a virus, it'll go away". I knew it wasn't a virus. I walked down the hall to the walk in clinic and my son was diagnosed with double ear infections. When I called the office later that day to inform him and also complain to the Office Manager, he never called to apologize and neither did the Office Manager. He has a horrible bedside manner. Talks to me like I am an idiot and overreacting to my child's health. He's an idiot and I would take my kid to see anyone else other than him. We have seen all 4 of the women providers in the practice and have loved every single one of them. They are caring and compassionate which "Dr. Nick" is NOT.

March 26th, 2012
Unsatisfied
After moving to the area my sister highly and quite excitedly recommended Dr Nick. Knowing first impressions are not everything I gave him three chances. The first time I found him very pushy as he kept insisting meds for my son who has ADHD. Second visit with my daughter he treated me like a first time parent. . All the advice he gave me I could easily find in Parents Magaizine. The third visit was enough for me when he was very rude and talked down to me. I left knowing that we would e finding a new doctor for my kids. The guy might have been great with my sisters kids, but since then he seems to have lost all people skills.

April 26th, 2011
Great with Circumsions-but thats about it.
I had taken my newborn son to see Dr. Chadenedes. He preformed his circumcison- my son slept through it! He did a great job with it! I discontinued going to see Dr. Chadenedes a few weeks after that. He had given me some bad nursing advice- very old school and not accurate with what is known today about breast feeding. Also, I didn't find him very through when he checked his vital signs. In fact he didn't even check his circ the week after when I came to see him for a weight check.

October 22nd, 2008
Yuck
I was so disappointed with my visit with "Dr. Nick." He didn't even look at my baby before diagnosing her. He did then look in her ears and mouth, but had already made up his mind about what was wrong with her. She had diarrhea, he asked if we had been sick as well. We told him no. He said, "It's this virus, it'll go away in x days." We told him of another problem we had, which he told us was normal. All other three doctors I've talked to about that problem told me it was NOT normal and that I should take her to an ENT Doctor. He was clearly in a hurry and I felt like he wasn't taking my concerns seriously.