Dr. Nicholas Ellyn MD Patient Reviews

• Ophthalmology Alexandria, VA

4.7

January 2nd, 2015
Very patient. Listens carefully.

June 19th, 2013
Knowledgeable and Caring
I have been a patient of Dr Ellyn since he started in practice. His bedside manner is unsurpassed and his sense of humor actually makes going to the doctor not so bad. A recent visit for an eye infection left me wishing there were more doctors with his medical knowledge, diagnostic expertise, and 'first do no harm' approach to patients. Thank you, Dr Ellyn!

June 17th, 2013
Dr. Ellyn is one of the most caring physicians I've been to. He spent a lot of time with me and was able to diagnosis my problem. The waiting time was very short and the staff was very courteous.

June 16th, 2013
I started seeing Dr. Ellyn in 2003. He has always been very professional and given excellent service. I trust him completely and have no hesitation recommending him to anyone.

September 14th, 2012
Won't return
Dr. Ellyn's office staff was easy to work with and got me in quickly. However, I saw him for a 2nd opinion of a complex problem, and his demeanor appeared distracted. While I tried to explain what had already been tried for my condition, he asked me to "get to the current problem." I would have preferred that he learn what meds had already been tried. He made a change in medication, and my problem got much worse.He was quite friendly with older male patients waiting in the waiting room, but as a young woman, I'll plan to try a different doctor in the future.

April 23rd, 2011
very bad staff member...
my visit with Dr. Nicholas Ellyn was great, EXCEPT for his staff member. i dont know his name but he had glasses, black hair, a fat belly and was so rude to me when putting drops and would be so careless with the eye dropper! i was so scared when he would put drops in my eyes and he would so obviously show his DISGUST, in only GOD knows what. Ruined my day...

May 14th, 2009
Dr. Ellyn is by far the best doctor that I have encountered. I am just sorry that he is an ophthalmologist. It would be great if he were a primary care physician. He is knowledgeable, extremely caring of his patients, great human being.