Nicholas A Emiliani MD Patient Reviews

• Psychiatry Colonial Heights, VA

2.7

October 5th, 2015
One of the Best Psychiatrists in Virginia
I had read that Dr. Emiliani is a doctor who forgets his patient's names and wrote a prescription for the wrong patient, etc. However, I did not let that deter me from giving his practice a try. You should definitely see this [Neuro]psychiatrist, because he is well-versed in the effects of medication on the brain. Dr. Emiliani is very intelligent and busy, so I make sure to verify the accuracy of my prescriptions before I leave his office. He diagnosed me with a sleep disorder that I had no idea existed and gave me medication that has greatly improved my functionality. After 10 years of misdiagnosis and maltreatment by the Psych community, I am grateful to have found this professional. I must add, he does not sit and nod while you talk for 5 minutes and then bill your insurance $400, but he listens to you and can almost immediately tell what your issues are after asking you a few questions. This is why he is so busy and often booked. He is a great doctor and scientist.

August 22nd, 2015
Does not listen, does not allow questions

January 2nd, 2015
Not happy with this doctor (( AT ALL ))
ok , first of all...I have been seeing this doctor for over a year and he still does not know my name and being the field of medicine he is in he really should know these things, secondly the nurses do not get back to you in a timely manner at all about questions regarding your perscriptions, and third I personally don't think he cares very much about his patients, being he will let you withdraw off your medications that you are not suppose to quit taking abruptly, I pretty much think hes all about scamming insurance companys, I might be wrong but, I pay him good money to see him and he maybe spends 10 mins with me everytime I go there pretty much long enough to write my perscriptions...nothing at all good to say about him....good luck

January 4th, 2011
Disrespectful
Each time I saw him he would ask me how I was doing, which was expected. I would tell him how I was feeling and how I felt, which I always said good, which is the truth. Then he had tetold me that the medication that actually worked for me didn't work. Which was confusing, because it was working for me. But when I would tell him I was doing good, he said well you don't look like it. I took offense to that because I am doing good. Then another visit he said I have another disorder, which I could understand because it makes sense. But he prescribed me something for major depression and other things, which I don't have. When I went home and thoroughly looked up this medication and it didn't match the description of what we had talked about in his office I decided to try and call him 3 times on different days to ask him why he prescribed this to me. I left 3 different messages for him and he never got back to me. So I started on the medication after giving him the benefit of the doubt. They didn't help, I am left with headaches in the morning, and a feeling of confusion. So when it was finally time for my next appointment I sat down and he asked if I was me. I said yes. Then we went on talking and I told him I didn't understand why he prescribed me something that is not for my needs. He told me I will never be happy with what he prescribes me. More confusion because there was never a time when I told him that I was unhappy with anything he prescribed to me but that one time. He also shot me down and said "Do I have to start recording our sessions now?" I said " If that is what you want to do." He went on asking me if I was a doctor. I said no. Then he went on saying I need a doctor that will prescribe me anything I want and he is not going to do that. More confusion because I am sure that when a medication doesn't work for me I would know. He said he is going to refer me to some female doctor that specializes in my problem. Which he didn't refer me to anyone, he didn't even give me a name. He wrote me another prescription and I left. When I got home I told my spouse all about it and I was so distraught from this doctor being so disrespectful to me. I don't know what kind of notes he was taking on me when I would tell him I was doing good, but he would seem to always turn it around on me. Our sessions would only last 5-10 minutes.

October 12th, 2010
Horrible!!!
This man is downright rude and certainly doesn't belong in any sort of profession dealing with human beings.

May 17th, 2010
Horrible
My son has been seeing Dr E for a few months. Dr E has yet to get my sons name right. Every time we walk into the office, he calls my son by a completely different name and I have to correct him. How hard is it to get right? Your front desk girl can call us in, yet he doesnt know whom he is seeing? The wait times are horrible; we wait on average an hour over our schedule time. Dr E is not friendly and does not care what you have to say. Do not expect him to call you back if you leave him a message either. I have had 1 call returned and that took 5 days. I always feel like I am wasting his time when we are in his office and that it bothers him to have to "help" us. He called in a script for my son over the weekend and did not even get the name right. The pharmacy called me and I was so floored. I had to explain that the DR was an idiot, I did not have a child by that name, thankfully, they were still able to fill it, but seriously, how can a DR screw something so important like that up. How dangerous. I am going to be reporting him, and we will NOT be seeing him again.

March 24th, 2010
Emiliani's practice is a farce
Does not fill established prescriptions for medications that can cause severe withdrawal. Staff is incompetent. Do not expect to have same Doctor from last visit. Last visit woman was changing grandchild's diaper on floor of waiting room. Emiliani has abrasive attitude but is more than happy to charge for visit.