Dr. Nicholas Fettman MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

• 2 reviews

April 9th, 2015
Would NOT recommend him
I made appointment because I’m having taste and smell problems, occasional ear itching, LOTS of coughing, "hacking" every morning to try to get rid of irritating phlegm from snoring, sleeping with mouth open. He never even looked in my ears. He sprayed my nose to numb it so he can insert a long lighted tool. Spray didn't work because it was VERY uncomfortable. Said my throat was inflammed and his diagnosis was acid reflux. I don't have any acid reflux symptoms and had no indication of throat inflammation until after he inserted that tool... then LOTS of pain for days after. He prescribed Nexium, which costs $303+ for 30. I researched Nexium at home and never saw one good thing anyone had to say about it... just the opposite. Most (including an ND I spoke with later) said to never take this product. The list of side effects and BAD reviews for Nexium were staggering, so I went to the health food store to get a natural alternative and clerk there nearly begged me to NOT take Nexium, as he was on it and said it was a nightmare getting off it and it caused a LOT more problems than he had before taking it, as did many articles online say the same thing. WHY would any doctor prescribe something this problematic??? I don't believe I have acid reflux; my throat is irritated from so much coughing every morning to get rid of that phlegm... simple as that. And there are many natural remedies for that... MUCH safer than Nexium. Never did find out what's causing the smell and taste problems. Got nose drops and if they don't work, I'm going to ask Medicare to not pay this guy. I felt my time was wasted and so was the Nexium, which cannot be returned and now Medicare is out $300+ . Never did find out why my ears are itching. Seems some doctors need to go back to doctor school. Most patients don't even know their doctor isn't giving the right care or may not know what they’re doing, so they think their doctor is okay. I called the office manager to speak about all this, but she has yet to call me back after 3 days. I’d suggest going elsewhere!

June 30th, 2011