Dr. Nicholas Holmes MD, MBA Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

October 30th, 2011
Father
Overall experience. The only positive experience we got was the receptionist. Booking the appointment was simple. Waited a good 30 minutes after checking in on time. It was a Friday, no one in the clinic (Rady's Children San Diego). He came in, mind was occupied and was apathetic from the beginning. We were concerned about our child's ailment, and only after leaving the consultation did we realized Dr. Holmes' apathetic attitude. After being short with us on our visit, not listening to our questions, he kept insisting on SURGERY (full anesthesia) for a 6 week old baby. Unbelievable. We asked him to review a method of treatment published by 4 doctors who completed trials, and without reading our article, immediately stated attempting the non-surgical method is futile.We were emotionally down, but not surrendering. We asked if we could nurse and he hesitated, then said "we are very busy today," indicating we were not welcome to stay in the room. We packed up, he asked us to see him in 4 months to schedule surgery. We walked out to check out, no one in the lobby, all patient rooms open. We couldn't accept his recommendation of surgery. Such a huge risk for a small ailment (email me for details, don't want to disclose as he might remember us), so we sought a tertiary opinion with a pediatrician who offered to prescribe us the medication.We approached this non-surgical method, and low and behold, the ailment was cured. I wish I could write a positive review about the Director of Urology, whom we had high respect and hopes prior to meeting. This unfavorable review is due to his lack of professionalism and willingness to listen. Not a good practitioner due to lack of care, maybe he should stick to administration.

July 18th, 2011
Pediatric Urology
Dr. Holmes, was referred to me by my son's primary care physician. My son had a vericocele that made itself known when he was 8 years old. We met with 2 physicians and chose Dr. Holmes to lead with his prognosis and treatment plan. My son is now 11 and just had surgery 2 weeks ago. He is healing remarkably, with very little pain (only within the first 48 hours) and a wonderfully healing incision. I am so grateful for Dr. Holmes expertise and compassion for my son. As a mother with a diagnosis that is known to be one of the leading causes of male fertility problems, I was very concerned. He addressed those concerns and made sure to answer all my questions.

May 15th, 2017