A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Nicholas Karanikolas:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Nicholas Karanikolas is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Nicholas Karanikolas, MD is board certified in Urology.
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
Education & Awards
Dr. Karanikolas graduated from State University of New York Downstate, Brooklyn. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Karanikolas has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Staten Island University South
- Staten Island University Hospital North
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Karanikolas accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 2 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Fidelis Care - 2 plans
- Affinity Health Plan - 2 plans
- Health Plus - 2 plans
- Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP) - 2 plans
- Evercare - 2 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- AMERIGROUP - 2 plans
- Capital District Physicians Health Plan - 2 plans
- Healthfirst - 2 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- Cigna - 6 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Nicholas Karanikolas practice?
Dr. Nicholas Karanikolas practices Urology, Pediatrics, Surgery, and Medical Oncology near Brooklyn, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Staten Island, NY.
See Brooklyn Urologists, Brooklyn Pediatricians, Brooklyn Surgeons, and Brooklyn Oncologists.