Dr. Nicholas King Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Nicholas King?

2 Ratings with 1 Comment

February 14th, 2013

Saved my life!

I was involved in an automobile accident and had an extreme headache that intensified with movement, vertigo, nausea, extremely high blood pressure etc. I have never been in more pain or felt sicker. I saw several dr's who thought my issues were related to my blood pressure, they gave me blood pressure medication and sent me home. Without doing any neurological assessments they dismissed my concerns that my real issue wasn't my blood pressure, it was a problem with my brain. I was eventually admitted to the Heart Center of Indianapolis in severe hypertensive crisis. I was blessed to have Christy Hogan as my nurse, she listened to me and insisted on a neuro consult before my discharge. Dr. King was asked to do the consult and that consult saved my life. Dr. King *listened* to me, expressed concern for me, asked me a series of questions, accurately diagnosed my issue (a spinal fluid leak), did testing to confirm the diagnosis and made sure I received the treatment I needed. Then, when he could have just walked away knowing he had done his duty he went the extra mile and checked up on my family and I to make sure I was recovering well. I will forever be thankful to both Christy Hogan and Dr. Nicholas King, I would not be here without them.

December 10th, 2014