Dr. Nicholas Mataragas MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

March 30th, 2015
SPINAL FUSION
Second spinal fusion done by Dr Mataragus. Although I had a bad experience the first time it was do to the hospital where the surgery was done. The second time at Elmhurst hospital was a much more pleasant experience. The surgery was sucessful both times and I am on my way back to a normal life. I don't see much of the Dr himself but am very confidant with the PA's he has working with him. They make a great team!!

March 11th, 2015
Accurate diagnosis, skilled technique as there were no complications from surgery. Pain is gone!

February 24th, 2015
Best spinal surgeon!!
Dr Mataragas made me pain free! Perfect surgery, great recovery, best doctor (and his PA's)

November 17th, 2013
Was dissapointed in his service. I waited for a long time each visit and then he herded me out within a few minutes every time. Went to see another doctor for a second opinion and have switched to that doctor. Just didn't feel that my best interests were being served.

March 20th, 2013
Incredible surgeon!
Dr Mataragas was spot on regarding my corpectomy. He explained the procedure in exact detail. He detailed my recover to the tee. I was on my feet the same day and back to work within 12 days. When this guy says a non invasive procedure, he should write the manual on the right way to do it. The best!

June 8th, 2011
A gifted and great surgeon
In search of care for my mother (age 79) who was rapidly losing mobility and muscle strength because of a pinched nerve, we sought out Dr. Mataragas. His credentials are impressive; everyone we encountered speaks highly and very respectful of him. He is direct and to the point and in the case of my mothers symptoms his diagnosis was 100% accurate. His recommended treatment was also accurate with the outcome yielding better than expected results. We will never be able to repay him for the excellent treatment and care he provided but we will always remember. My mother who is recovering rapidly is exceptionally grateful for the ability to hold, touch and feel again. Dr Nicholas Mataragas is truly gifted and we are blessed to have found him.

February 1st, 2011
Dr. Mataragas was one of the most caring dr.s that my husband has ever seen. He spent the time to go over what we could expect from the surgery, and after care. We lived over 200 hundred miles from Chicago, so he made sure that we had his nurses personal direct line in case of any problems, we could get ahold of him right away. After the surgery he came to the waiting room and talked and waited with me till my husband was brought out of the or. My recomondation will always be the best for this man who saved my husbands back!

November 22nd, 2009
Changed my life
I had a three level spinal fusion when I was 31. My life was terrible before it, Dr. Mataragas did everythig he could before surgery. I had to have it. He has restored my life and made me feel at ease the entire time. Best doctor I have ever seen. I would reccomend him to anyone, anytime.

November 13th, 2009
Thought he was great
Dr Mataragas was VERY good with me. He is very busy because he is a GREAT surgeon. I didn't feel rushed at all. He took his time with me and explained to me that I pretty much need surgery and we went from there. No need to bagger him with stupid questions...

June 24th, 2009
Spending enough time with me
5 minutes is not enough time to spend with a patient. When I recently saw him, he told me he had 15 more patients to see in the next hour, so booking 15 patients per hour is too much and does not allow adequate time to spend with each patient and understand their needs.