Dr. Nicholas Papakonstantinou Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Nicholas Papakonstantinou?

Back fusion - absolute perfect results!

Posted on August 23rd, 2017

Before Dr Papakonstintinou fused L4, L5 and S1 plus other things he took care of while operating, I had a lot of trouble walking on a level surface which caused pain also no up and down stairs, lifting, etc. Post surgery 3 days I was walking and within 5 days post op I was going up and down stairs minus the pain etc. After some out patient rehab life again was good. I now walk, bend, stoop, lift (I can carry 2 #50 bags o salt to the basement) without limitation) God bless my surgeon, I have my life back.......Rick

A doctor you can trust

Posted on April 30th, 2017

I have a unique experience to share. I was a former employee of his old practice who eventually needed to have spine surgery myself. Of course, I would go to no one else seeing how well his patients did. Immediately after surgery, my pain was gone. Now 6 months later, completely pain free and I have my life back. I can only thank Dr. Nicholas Papakonstantinou for this. I can also tell you that the negative posts are all from one patient who he tried to help and was very difficult to deal with. Another surgeon caused her problems and Dr. Nicholas tried to help and she was unhappy that all her pain was not alleviated. I saw first hand that not everyone can be "cured" with surgery and Dr. Papakonstantinou was extremely honest with all his patients. I would never hesitate to refer anyone to him as I became another satisfied patient myself. Thank you for giving me my life back!

I urge you to seek a second opinion

Posted on January 20th, 2017

I urge you to seek a second opinion. Dr. Nichols Papakonstantinou has a HIGH COMPLICATION RATE with his surgeries he has performed. Don't be another one of his botched surgery jobs. You will suffer and regret it. Research his complication rates yourself and you will see. One site I can suggest to you is ProPublica.org This site gives official data on surgeons. I just don't want someone else to suffer long term consequences from a surgery gone wrong

Posted on December 31st, 2015

I'm a new patient with this Dr. He's so polite, so good at answering and explaining my questions. I think I'm jumping the gun on giving a review other than meeting, then chatting on the phone to discuss the surgery I'll be having, by Nicholas Papakonstanteau. In lieu of this, I can only say that I was very comfortable, relieved and now ready for him preform his skill on my condition. I'm thinking his bedside manner will be 100%, if he treats me as he did at my appointment. I'm so looking forward to him getting my pain GONE. And everything I've read or heard about him (a satisfied patient took me to my appt.) tells me I'll be in great hands. I'm looking forward to giving a review AFTER my procedure is done.

The Best!!!

Posted on September 10th, 2015

I am not sure what the other reviewer is talking about. Dr. Papakonstantinou has been my doctor for the past 6 years and he has not even performed any surgeries on me. In fact, he recommended against it!! He sees me regularly and treats me with respect at each and every visit. He spends as much time as I need with him. I would go no where else!

He gets my vote!

Posted on August 5th, 2015

Dr. P is one of the most honest and compassionate physicians you will ever encounter. He spent a great deal of time with me explaining what was causing my pain and gave me all of my options including those not requiring surgery. I chose surgery and my pain was gone. I couldn't be any happier! Thank you Dr. P.

Posted on November 25th, 2014

Dr. Nick is a very professional and caring doctor. He gave me his undivided attention and answered my questions. My surgery went very well and after approx. 9 months of roller coaster pain, I am now pain free. Thank you Dr. Nick for your help and much gratitude. I would definately recommend him to anyone with any type of back pain issues.

Gets my approval

Posted on December 21st, 2013

I did not have surgery, but if I need it in the future I would feel comfortable. He takes the time to answer questions, and he treats you like you are intelligent. He did not push me into surgery, and was very honest and objective about my options. His comfort with answering my many questions is important to me. When doctors either treat me like I can't comprehend the diagnosis and treatment, or seem defensive that indicates to me that they are not comfortable with their own self. He was by no means arrogant or cocky.

Best Back Surgeon In The World!

Posted on July 13th, 2013

After my back problems of over 30 years greatly worsened after cancer surgery, I became a victim of constant chronic back pain. I could not stand, sit, move or even lay down to sleep without experiencing unbearable pain. I tried narcotics (vicadin), spinal epidurals, spinal pain blocks, acupuncture, aqua pt (everything and anything), but never got relief. I had feared back fusion for years, but after Nick spent an hour answering my list of 18 questions, I felt secure enough to put myself in his care. My expectations were high and I wanted to return to work in no more than 7 weeks. After a four hour surgery and 24 hours of sleep afterwards, when I awoke I moved my legs and my body and was elated to find I had NO PAIN. During my rehab of 6 weeks until I returned to work I had NO PAIN and did not even need pain medications at all. Nick exceeded even my expectations with his surgical skill, caring manner and professionalism. I carry his business cards with me and have given a dozen people who had seen me before and after the surgery his card since they want the "miracle" he gave me. I will always think of Nick with admiration and gratitude as the wonderful doctor who gave me my life back.

Honest and Professional!

Posted on March 19th, 2013

Dr. Papakonstantinou gave me my life back. I had a 10 year history of back and leg pain and was told by other doctors that nothing could be done. After his thorough exam and him spending over an hour explaining my diagnosis, he formulated a treatment plan. I am now 1 year after my surgery and I feel like a new person. He is very honest and professional. I recommend him to anyone. Thank you doctor!

Awesome!!!

Posted on September 28th, 2012

Exceptional doctor! Very polite and understanding. I had back pain for many years that no one could relieve. He explained to me what was wrong and now after surgery, I feel like a new person. Thanks!! !

Posted on June 3rd, 2012

Great bedside manner. He really put me at ease. My surgery went great!