Surgeons
4600 Investment Dr
Ste 120
Troy, MI 48098
248-267-5055
Locations and availability (4)

• Currently 3.9677419354839 of 4 stars
 |  Gets my approval  |  show details
by TS on Dec 20th, 2013

I did not have surgery, but if I need it in the future I would feel comfortable. He takes the time to answer questions, and he treats you like you are intelligent. He did not push me into surgery, and was very honest and objective about my options. His comfort with answering my many questions is important to me. When doctors either treat me like I can't comprehend the diagnosis and treatment, or seem defensive that indicates to me that they are not comfortable with their own self. He was by no means arrogant or cocky.

|  Best Back Surgeon In The World!  |  show details
by Linda L. on Jul 12th, 2013

After my back problems of over 30 years greatly worsened after cancer surgery, I became a victim of constant chronic back pain. I could not stand, sit, move or even lay down to sleep without experiencing unbearable pain. I tried narcotics (vicadin), spinal epidurals, spinal pain blocks, acupuncture, aqua pt (everything and anything), but never got relief. I had feared back fusion for years, but after Nick spent an hour answering my list of 18 questions, I felt secure enough to put myself in his care. My expectations were high and I wanted to return to work in no more than 7 weeks. After a four hour surgery and 24 hours of sleep afterwards, when I awoke I moved my legs and my body and was elated to find I had NO PAIN. During my rehab of 6 weeks until I returned to work I had NO PAIN and did not even need pain medications at all. Nick exceeded even my expectations with his surgical skill, caring manner and professionalism. I carry his business cards with me and have given a dozen people who had seen me before and after the surgery his card since they want the "miracle" he gave me. I will always think of Nick with admiration and gratitude as the wonderful doctor who gave me my life back.

|  Honest and Professional!  |  show details
Mar 19th, 2013

Dr. Papakonstantinou gave me my life back. I had a 10 year history of back and leg pain and was told by other doctors that nothing could be done. After his thorough exam and him spending over an hour explaining my diagnosis, he formulated a treatment plan. I am now 1 year after my surgery and I feel like a new person. He is very honest and professional. I recommend him to anyone. Thank you doctor!

|  show details
Feb 18th, 2013

Outstanding!

|  Awesome!!!  |  show details
Sep 27th, 2012

Exceptional doctor! Very polite and understanding. I had back pain for many years that no one could relieve. He explained to me what was wrong and now after surgery, I feel like a new person. Thanks!!!

|  show details
Jun 2nd, 2012

Great bedside manner. He really put me at ease. My surgery went great!

|  Treated me like family  |  show details
Jun 2nd, 2012

Dr. Papakonstantinou was excellent. I previously had surgery by another surgeon that left me with severe pain. He spent a lot of time explaining my diagnosis and my treatment plan. He personally returned my phone calls and was extremely pleasant. He was always there for me. Dr. Papakonstantinou fixed my problem and now I am living nearly pain free. He gave my my life back! I recommend him to anyone. Thank you!