Dr lied show details Dr lied
by Linda E on Apr 11th, 2015

Dr said I had a remaining disc another surgeon left in me. He performed back surgery and lied to me. 3 years later I found out the other Dr put screws into my muscles. When DrP opened me up he had to have seen the screws that were in the wrong place. But never told me. I've found that a orthopedic surgeon in Michigan will not tell the truth about another surgeons error. I went to the number one orthopedic hospital in the nation. You can imagine my surprise whe I was told the screws were a centimeter and a half into to muscles in 2 separate areas . Also I wasn't fused. drP said he fused me again. But since the screws were breaking down the vertebrae it was like I was walking around with a broken back. And this Dr chose to be faithful to the other Dr not me, his patient. I really don't know how he can look in a mirror.

Very dissatisfied by indifferent, rushed treatment. show details Very dissatisfied by indifferent, rushed treatment.
Mar 27th, 2015

I spent more time in the waiting room filling out paperwork than talking with the doctor. He has has a terrible bedside manner. He rushed through the visit without asking any questions about my personal history. I had with me two sets of MRIs with me during the visit; one for my cervical/thoracic spine, and the other for the lumbar spine. I had episodes where one or the other would cause me pain, but in the weeks preceding this visit both were causing me considerable pain. I presented both MRI results to the assistant during the triage. I was instructed to choose one, because they couldn't look at both on a single visit. I chose the one giving me the most pain on this particular day. Dr. Papakonstantinou reviewed the cervical/thoracic spine MRI results commenting that radiologists tend to over-evaluate MRI results and I need not worry about the detailed, seven-page document I'd given him. I made a comment that I also had lumbar spine issues. Without bothering to confirm this on the MRI of the lower spine he whisked me out of the room saying something about going to their pain management clinic. I would strongly encourage anyone in need of care to seek it elsewhere.

by cam on Nov 25th, 2014

Dr. Nick is a very professional and caring doctor. He gave me his undivided attention and answered my questions. My surgery went very well and after approx. 9 months of roller coaster pain, I am now pain free. Thank you Dr. Nick for your help and much gratitude. I would definately recommend him to anyone with any type of back pain issues.

by Linda E on Apr 9th, 2014

Dr performed a secondary surgery after a failed back surgery by another dr. but did not address the problems the other surgeon made. Instead he just attempted to decompress the surrounding area. This left me with a nasty infection and I now need yet another surgery to repair his work and the original drs issues. I'm also left with an unstable spine that is not fused. Patient beware.

Gets my approval show details Gets my approval
by TS on Dec 20th, 2013

I did not have surgery, but if I need it in the future I would feel comfortable. He takes the time to answer questions, and he treats you like you are intelligent. He did not push me into surgery, and was very honest and objective about my options. His comfort with answering my many questions is important to me. When doctors either treat me like I can't comprehend the diagnosis and treatment, or seem defensive that indicates to me that they are not comfortable with their own self. He was by no means arrogant or cocky.

Best Back Surgeon In The World! show details Best Back Surgeon In The World!
by Linda L. on Jul 12th, 2013

After my back problems of over 30 years greatly worsened after cancer surgery, I became a victim of constant chronic back pain. I could not stand, sit, move or even lay down to sleep without experiencing unbearable pain. I tried narcotics (vicadin), spinal epidurals, spinal pain blocks, acupuncture, aqua pt (everything and anything), but never got relief. I had feared back fusion for years, but after Nick spent an hour answering my list of 18 questions, I felt secure enough to put myself in his care. My expectations were high and I wanted to return to work in no more than 7 weeks. After a four hour surgery and 24 hours of sleep afterwards, when I awoke I moved my legs and my body and was elated to find I had NO PAIN. During my rehab of 6 weeks until I returned to work I had NO PAIN and did not even need pain medications at all. Nick exceeded even my expectations with his surgical skill, caring manner and professionalism. I carry his business cards with me and have given a dozen people who had seen me before and after the surgery his card since they want the "miracle" he gave me. I will always think of Nick with admiration and gratitude as the wonderful doctor who gave me my life back.

Honest and Professional! show details Honest and Professional!
Mar 19th, 2013

Dr. Papakonstantinou gave me my life back. I had a 10 year history of back and leg pain and was told by other doctors that nothing could be done. After his thorough exam and him spending over an hour explaining my diagnosis, he formulated a treatment plan. I am now 1 year after my surgery and I feel like a new person. He is very honest and professional. I recommend him to anyone. Thank you doctor!

Feb 18th, 2013

Outstanding!

Awesome!!! show details Awesome!!!
Sep 27th, 2012

Exceptional doctor! Very polite and understanding. I had back pain for many years that no one could relieve. He explained to me what was wrong and now after surgery, I feel like a new person. Thanks!!!

Jun 2nd, 2012

Great bedside manner. He really put me at ease. My surgery went great!

Treated me like family show details Treated me like family
Jun 2nd, 2012

Dr. Papakonstantinou was excellent. I previously had surgery by another surgeon that left me with severe pain. He spent a lot of time explaining my diagnosis and my treatment plan. He personally returned my phone calls and was extremely pleasant. He was always there for me. Dr. Papakonstantinou fixed my problem and now I am living nearly pain free. He gave my my life back! I recommend him to anyone. Thank you!