Obstetrician & Gynecologist
Video profile

3.0

Jan 23rd, 2015

Heard terrible things about this doctor and I am happy I went elsewhere.

Don't waste your time! show details Don't waste your time!
Jan 20th, 2015

I'm currently 35 weeks pregnant with my first baby and he was one of the names recommended to me by a family member. Just to let you know how poor his bedside manner became after each appointment I would leave crying and upset, I switched doctors 2 weeks ago!!! So at 32/33 weeks I found myself completely stressed and upset because of him and realized that the best thing to do was change doctors no matter how late in the game it was as everyone else was telling me but honestly do you really want the man that you feel like slapping to deliver your baby no! Oh and God forbid he informs you on anything about your pregnancy besides the color of your urine at the beginning of every appointment and if you have a question you don't get an answer. I asked about babies weight and he would tell me there's no way to know that right now, really at roughly 28-30 weeks you can't tell me anything about my baby??? My biggest gripe with him though is his attitude, I have a job that requires me to lift, bend and basically be on my feet all day and I was complaining of multiple pains even abdominal pain and tightness that sent me home crying and his response would be "whaa boo hoo" and one time " ask me if I care" Doesn't believe in letting you go on disability even if you can't perform your job said I'd have to have been sent to the hospital in order to even consider it. Even my employer was baffled by his decisions. So if you have a high demanding job that's physical good luck you will be working until you drop dead and wind up in the hospital with a serious issue or until you go into early labor at work. Oh and FYI when I went to my new doctor they automatically start a growth chart after every sonogram told me how much the baby weighed, how long and even mentioned that my baby appears to have a lot of hair. The nurse on staff one of the first questions was what do you do for a living and if I am having any difficulties. I was given automatic compassion and understanding. Don't waste your time with him yea there's hardly a wait but appointment lasts 2-5 minutes and he gives the worst sonogram images, thanks for the pic of the baby's eye socket!

Worst Ever!!!!! show details Worst Ever!!!!!
Dec 17th, 2014

I suggest you go a see somewhere else. He simply DOES NOT CARE AT ALL! Your health is in danger if you continue see him again. I had the same situation where my doctor retired, therefore I had to find someone else. I made the wrong choice in my life. I will always regret it! It will stay in my memory for as long as I will live. I hope you don't make the same mistake!! CAREFULL!

STAY AWAY! show details STAY AWAY!
by Tara L. on Aug 26th, 2014

Just trust me, go find another Doctor. My previous OBGYN was an angel, but unfortunately he retired. So I found Dr. Roussis since it was near my home. Since going to him, all I have been having is negative results, abnormal pap smears, etc.. All he cares about is money like other reviews said. I get sonograms every year, but not in this office. Roussis wants you to get sonograms every 3 months just to charge your insurance. Is it necessary no, will he ask you to get one yes. And wait for it, here comes my abnormal pap smear result- where he recommended I get not one but two biopsies, and a colposcopy. Showed my results to an educated OBGYN who laughed and said seeing these results, she would never even think to call the patient, because it just worries the patient for no reason when there is no risk. I had two days of a panic attack from the results and recommendations Roussis gave me. No bedside manner and would rather rip chunks of your uterus for unnecessary testing. If this sounds like someone you would trust, go right ahead. Other women, save your sanity and find a more educated OBGYN.

Worst Ever!!! show details Worst Ever!!!
Feb 18th, 2014

If you want to have "BAD memories" you can still see him. But I would suggest you leave him immediately !!!! The worst doctor ever!!!

Agree with the last reviewer show details Agree with the last reviewer
Sep 4th, 2013

The worst doctor I've ever seen. Everything is MONEY related. No mercy at ALL!!!

Jul 28th, 2013

Dr. Roussis is just plan Rude. Does not want to help out. When you have questions he does not answer them in the right manner. His staff is rude as well. Since I been to that office in the past 3-4 yrs he has changed several girls. The office manager, Betty he had in the beginning was awesome. Once she left the office has been really shady. He's just a plain out RUDE Cold Hearted Dr. No Doctor should be this rude. Guess all he thinks about is the money.

by T. on Jul 19th, 2013

Wonderful doctor delivered my first baby. Couldn't have asked for a better doctor and delivery.

Don't see him. YOU WILL REGRET IT! show details Don't see him. YOU WILL REGRET IT!
Jul 8th, 2013

Stay away. I can't find one thing that is good about him.

Stay Away show details Stay Away
by Dr Nicholas Roussis on May 21st, 2013

The wait time is short, but what is the point of having a short wait time, if you're not safe. When you deal with babies, you are dealing with angels, so every NORMAL human being will try to consider this.... BUT NOT HIM.

Nov 16th, 2012

The worst doctor in staten island. You and your baby are not safe with him. Please leave him as fast as you can and change to another doctor. You are treated not as a human but as a number. The more numbers he has the more money he wants to collect.

Stay away as much as you can! I would not recommend him at all! No accuracy on anything. show details Stay away as much as you can! I would not recommend him at all! No accuracy on anything.
Oct 19th, 2012

I would suggest you look for another doctor. He simply does not have experience enough. God forbid things go wrong during pregnancy, you will be in God's hand, because he will not know what to do. My suggestion is that you look for somebody else with more experience since you don't what to take the chances with your baby.

Dr. Nicohlas Roussis show details Dr. Nicohlas Roussis
Jul 29th, 2011

Dr. Nicohlas Roussis has no bed side manner. He is brief and treated my second pregnancy like I should know what to expect. I asked to switch vitamins and was given a hard time. I was charged co pays when I was already confirmed pregnant. The offices are very small. The visit that I saw my baby on the sono was so brief and cold that I knew if I left feeling down something was wrong. AS soon as I changed my doctor. The new doc took their time, she celebrated my pregnancy and made me feel very special. This is a special moment and each pregnancy should be treated as if the first.

Best GYN on Staten Island show details Best GYN on Staten Island
Jun 27th, 2011

I cannot say enough good things about Doctor Roussis. He is very caring, makes follow up calls and puts his patients at ease. I have seen a few other OB/GYN's on the island and by far his office is the most efficent. I have never waited more than a few minutes to be seen by the doctor and scheduling an appointment is a breeze. His staff is also very lovely all in all a great experience with Doctor Roussis!

Great Doc show details Great Doc
May 2nd, 2011

I found him via vitals and was not disappointed. He always follows up with his calls, and was very caring throughout my pregnancy. His office is clean, staff very professional, no wait time. Overall 5 stars plus

Hands down, the BEST! show details Hands down, the BEST!
Apr 12th, 2011

Normally, seeing a male gynecologist would seem awkward. But it was so easy to feel comfortable around Dr. Roussis. He's so funny, and down to earth that it would be hard not to feel at ease around him. Not only is he great, but the rest of the staff are so friendly, and sweet. I would definitely, hands down, recommend him to anyone and everyone I know, because he really is THAT amazing!

Feb 24th, 2011

I had a very pleasant experience at his office. his staff was very professional and nice. They didn't make me feel like I was another chart on his desk. The office was very clean and very modern. When Dr. Roussis came in to see me, he took a lot of time and asked me questions and actually listened instead of just writing in his chart while I was talking. His exam was very gentle, did not hurt at all. He took care of my problem and made me feel very comfortable and secure. will definately go to him again and refer other women.

Feb 22nd, 2011

Dr. N Roussis is a great doctor, very caring, he delivered both of my sons & I was very pleased and will continue to see him.

Feb 4th, 2011

Wonderful doctor!

by Skye on May 11th, 2010

I love Dr. Rousis he is agreat doctor, alwys makes the patient feel at home and comfortable, doesnt judge patients decsions, and is an overall great doctor i have had nothing but great experiences with him. he is the best!!