Overall Review

October 24th, 2014
Pediatric Associates Inc. Pickerington 905 Old Diley Rd, Pickerington, OH There are so many things I would like to express and say about this practice but I would have you reading a book. I will try to make this review as short as possible with hopes that most of you will take note that there are more bad reviews posted than good, and if most of you are like my family, then we don’t get into making bad reports about people because we truly believe people are entitled to having a bad day. Please note that not every visit was bad, but because the staff and the nurses are so rude and non-child friendly, it does help make for an overall bad visit. If anyone is thinking about going to this practice I advise you not to, and if you are considering leaving I can completely relate! I would not recommend this practice to anyone seeking quality healthcare for their child, especially if you have a genuine love for children. If you are anything like us then you did your research and found that the DOCTOR’S were great, well educated, and highly recommended. What I have learned is that just because you are educated doesn’t make you a good people person. Pediatrics Associates is clearly in the business to make money and become rich and they are good for having you sign and fill out the same forms over and over with no changes and signing the mandatory PAY NOW if no insurance forms. I have been going to this practice for about 10 years now. In the beginning and prior to their move to a bigger and nicer facility, they used to keep all appointments with whoever your primary doctor was; now they get you in with whoever is available. They are good for billing your visit in a manner that creates an out of pocket bill for you. This has happened to us several times and each time I had to ask them what are you supposed to do if the DOCTOR ask specific question’s, tell them you can’t answer out of fear of being billed. This is clearly a practice that is in it for the money not the quality of care or the child. My child’s specialist had no problem filing a prescription over the phone just because they know my child very well and they don’t want to put us through the trauma of bringing our child in and also going to get a prescription filled, but due to our insurance no longer covering the specialist, then when our child gets frequent sinus infections then the doctor will never ever fill a script without telling us we have to be seen, only to be told it’s a sinus infection. I truly believe that this is for financial reasons not a genuine concern for the child/family. Also because my family has been fortunate enough to not have to bring our child to several office visits throughout the year, then that rude experience we may have encountered then over time eventually got blown off causing us to give them another chance. My husband and I have contemplated for years finding another practice but once they got their new location and new late office hours then they kind of sucked us in due to convenience, definitely not the quality of care, but if it were up to my husband we would have left a long time ago because of how rude they are. Our last visit had to be the worst experience at this office. When your child is sick or if they are going in for a routine exam the last thing you want or need is someone to be rude, un-caring, or pushy. The front desk people can be very rude and lack confidentiality skills. The phone system is the biggest automated piece of junk. This practice is also GREAT at placing blame on their behavior on you as the customer; they take no responsibility for their actions. I do agree that not everyone will encounter this same experience, only out of either being to kind and overlooking things like we were doing in the beginning, or because they don’t have to make many office visits except maybe one or two a year, therefore it’s not that big of a deal. I really wish this practice would get reported to the proper place and that they would lose their license because they are clearly in this for the money and not the child/families. At this time my family has decided that for the best interest of our child that we will just pray for these mean, arrogant, insensitive folks and hope that God will handle them accordingly.

February 10th, 2013
Always has time to answer all questions. Goofs around with the kiddos and they love him! I hope to bring my kids to him until they are 18!

August 9th, 2012
Love Dr. Hate Practice
Dr. Stevens is a great Dr. He spends as much time as necessary to address the child's problem, is kind, caring and playful. If the office had more consistant practices for receiving alternate Dr.s that I know, and had more curteous staff, I would be much happier. Other Dr.s in practice have had some big "misses" with diagnoses that sent us rushing to urgent care.