Dr. Nicholas Saenz MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

October 14th, 2014
Great Job!
Dr. Saenz performed surgery on my infants umbilical hernia and it was very fast and thorough and looks awesome! I was so worried when she left my side to head to surgery but everything turned out great. zero complaints.

October 8th, 2013
Mom of patient
Did my daughter's surgery less than 24 hours after arrival at Rady Children's ER. Explained things thoroughly. Surgery was fast and exactly what it was supposed to be. He met with me personally before and after the surgery and explained it all and then checked up on my daughter later in her room. I had trouble getting a follow up appointment in the amount of time he indicated it should be, but it was not a big deal.

April 11th, 2013
Get a second opinion...
My grandson had been diagnosed with neuroblastoma and from the very first conversation with Saenz we knew he was not going to do surgery on our boy. Not only did he have a cold bedside manner but his high horse attitude was obnoxious to say the least. I would like to add that in the emergency room at Radys I have heard him converse with other unfortunate parents and it was the same cold, egotistical manner that we were subjected to. I really feel for the other staff that has to deal with him as well. He wanted to cut our boy open across his stomach and vertically when the tumor resided on the right back side of the body. That is his signature slice and dice method where he goes in and may or may not get all of the cancer present. I have seen many children at Radys with that same incision and I pray for them. Children are suffering and or dying due to his inadequacies as a surgeon. Needless to say we went sought out the best treatment for my grandson. Always seek out the best treatment and don't let the first doctor be the only one you consult. I guess we should thank Saenz for his lack of caring and snobby attitude because it was the catalyst that spurred us to success with the right surgery and post operative care. In closing I would like to say that I have no idea how he won any of the awards that he has received. He must have friends in high places.

December 19th, 2011
Ms. Caroline Henry
Hands down the most stellar surgeon there is in San Diego. He saved my daughter's life in an extrememly emergent situation. I wouldn't trust anyone else. There is no other surgeon I would want to perform surgery on any of my children. Ever.

April 18th, 2017