Rheumatologists
Arthritis Center New Jersey
600 Pavonia Ave
Jersey City, NJ 07306
201-216-3050
Locations and availability (2)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Mar 21st, 2012

He is the most kind doctor and well-experienced person I have known. He is a awesome doctor over-all. Won't switch him for the world..:)

May 8th, 2010

I was recommended to Dr. Scarpa from my pcp, who I like and trust. It took 5 weeks to get an initial appointment, which was frustrating, though I got the follow-up in 3 days. Unfortunately, Dr. Scarpa saw me initially for about 15 minutes, did a physical exam and ordered about a hundred tests because he didn't know what was wrong with me. We followed up in two weeks, at which point he read my results, and because my results did not indicate a definite immune process, said "My job here is done," and, to fix the joint pain I had been having (among a few other symptoms that had severely affected my life for close to a year), he recommended that I drop a drug I was taking, even though he refused to follow me as a patient until and unless my bloodwork indicated that I had a positive immune process. So I was left to stop taking such and such drug and had no idea what do to next. I have continued having pain et al. but am now seeing another doctor. Though he sat down with me at the follow up and we discussed options, Scarpa's only other suggestion for my pain was that it might be "psychosomatic" -- in my head essentially. I finally have a diagnosis that proves it was not in my head and would not recommend this doctor to anyone despite the good reviews I heard going in.

Jun 5th, 2009

He is an excellent doctor. His bedside manner makes you feel extremely comfortable like he is not only your doctor but also a friend. He was the only doctor, after numerous doctors that got my arthritis into remission because he was never happy to just be close. He kept pushing for better.