Dr. Nicholas Schoch, DO
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Surgical Specialist

Highly recommend Dr Schoch! show details Highly recommend Dr Schoch!
Jun 24th, 2016

I had the pleasure of meeting Dr Schoch recently for both of my shoulders. I am very happy that a friend of mine referred him to me. He was very confident, knowledgable and caring. Amazing bedside manner and very funny! I felt very comfortable with him from the minute he walked in. I highly recommend Dr Schoch to anybody looking for a good shoulder specialist!

Mar 22nd, 2016

2 surgeries & 2 perfect outcomes!! Great Doc

by Jeff Holaway on Dec 9th, 2015

Excellent Doctor

Jan 21st, 2015

Rude doctor, rude staff. Had to pull info, like pulling teeth! Awful experience!

Doctor's Response

I am never rude . I try my best to listen to all my patients and do a thorough exam . I answer all questions before leaving the room and explain what each patient has and the appropriate treatment for your problem . I'm sorry if this patient had a bad experience but I am not rude. Always professional and care for all my patients .

by Carol Bergstrom on Oct 22nd, 2014

Great doctor, excellent knowledge of shoulder and knee joints, provided initial treatment options then evaluated as needed. In the end reverse shoulder replacement surgery was necessary. I am 85 years old and I am so glad that I had this surgery. I am now PAIN FREE and for that I am very thankful to Dr Schoch and his staff.

GREAT DOCTOR show details GREAT DOCTOR
by JDALIAN on Jun 8th, 2013

DR. SCHOCH IS NOT ONLY A GREAT DOCTOR BUT HE IS COMPASSIONATE. AFTER A VERY SEVERE INJURY HE ENCOURAGED ME WHEN OTHERS DID NOT. HE TREATED ME LIKE A FRIEND AND REASSURED MY FAMILY WHEN THEY HAD QUESTIONS. HE IS THE BEST.

knee and ankle pain show details knee and ankle pain
by Max T. on May 20th, 2013

I saw Dr. Schoch for minor knee pain and moderate ankle/achilles tendion pain. My appointment was early in the morning at the Heydenreich office, I was seen promptly and given excellent service by all of the staff. Dr. Schoch explained his concerns and treatment very thoroughly and professionally. Within two weeks of minor therapy(excersizes at home, and a boot to be worn at night), my pain was completely gone. I highly recommend Dr. Schoch.

Mar 23rd, 2012

The scheduling is bad. Even with first appointments, getting their 15 minutes early, it is still typically 45 minutes after my appt time by the time I see the Dr. I should bill them for my time since they charge if we are too late for an appt.

Dr. Schoch show details Dr. Schoch
Oct 17th, 2011

My first visit with the doctor was nearly 2 hours of wait time. I thought maybe it is just a bad day. I had an appt. for 4 weeks later and when I came into for the appt. it took 1.5 hours to see him in the room. He was literally in the room for 5-10 minutes. I will getting my records and going elsewhere. He obviously doesn't value that others have to take time off work to see him.

wife of shoulder patient show details wife of shoulder patient
Jun 8th, 2011

Dr. Schoch operated on my husband. I had been told that Dr. Schoch was an excellent surgeon. Well, needless to say, he was that and more. His work was excellent on my husband's shoulder and his bedside manner was excellent. Follow up questions were always answered. If anyone, is considering shoulder surgery, don't hesitate calling Dr. Schoch's office. He is the best in the state of MI

Wonderful and Caring Doctor show details Wonderful and Caring Doctor
Sep 25th, 2010

My son has been treated by him for on 4 seperate injuries. Dr. Schoch is great with kids, great with parents. Very caring, very accurate and never seems to rush through just to get done. Explains everything so you can understand and sympathizes with what you are going through!

Great Doc. show details Great Doc.
May 24th, 2010

Nothing but the best in every way ! Outstanding Doctor!

by Tom on Sep 25th, 2009

I trust and like my General Doctor who referred Dr Schoch as his personal sports injury doctor. And to my surprise he diagnosed Arthritis in both shoulders instead of rotator cuff like the others. He also showed me why and explained if I can wait a few years to get a replacement then I should only need it once instead of twice. After the shots I can move both arms more than I have in 30 years. Yes very human and professional

Great Doc show details Great Doc
by Barby Ertzbischoff-Coleman on Jun 25th, 2009

First off he is a friendly guy and put me at ease right away. Great bedside manner, and that is something important to me. Aside from that i have researched him and asked others for thier opinions of him, all good and i feel like I could trust him to heal me:-) SCOand Sports is a great practice as well!!!