Orthopaedic Surgeon, Surgical Specialist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

by Carol Bergstrom on Oct 22nd, 2014

Great doctor, excellent knowledge of shoulder and knee joints, provided initial treatment options then evaluated as needed. In the end reverse shoulder replacement surgery was necessary. I am 85 years old and I am so glad that I had this surgery. I am now PAIN FREE and for that I am very thankful to Dr Schoch and his staff.

Feb 7th, 2014

Best there is ! Hour Magazine Top Doc 2013 😃

|  GREAT DOCTOR  |  show details
by JDALIAN on Jun 8th, 2013

DR. SCHOCH IS NOT ONLY A GREAT DOCTOR BUT HE IS COMPASSIONATE. AFTER A VERY SEVERE INJURY HE ENCOURAGED ME WHEN OTHERS DID NOT. HE TREATED ME LIKE A FRIEND AND REASSURED MY FAMILY WHEN THEY HAD QUESTIONS. HE IS THE BEST.

|  knee and ankle pain  |  show details
by Max T. on May 20th, 2013

I saw Dr. Schoch for minor knee pain and moderate ankle/achilles tendion pain. My appointment was early in the morning at the Heydenreich office, I was seen promptly and given excellent service by all of the staff. Dr. Schoch explained his concerns and treatment very thoroughly and professionally. Within two weeks of minor therapy(excersizes at home, and a boot to be worn at night), my pain was completely gone. I highly recommend Dr. Schoch.

Oct 23rd, 2012

I would not recommend him. I had shoulder surgery and it had to be redone with another Dr. Dr Schoch could not tell me why my arm would not move after the surgery and why I was in extreme pain. After a year of going to pain clinics etc I had the shoulder redone and it seems I had a bone piece blocking my movement. The pain is now gone and I am regaining some motiin. How much motion I will get is unknown as there was nerve damage in the surgery performed by Dr Schoch.

Mar 23rd, 2012

The scheduling is bad. Even with first appointments, getting their 15 minutes early, it is still typically 45 minutes after my appt time by the time I see the Dr. I should bill them for my time since they charge if we are too late for an appt.

|  Worst Office Ever, Poor on Follow-up, Incompetent Office Staff  |  show details
Mar 12th, 2012

Does not follow up with any phone calls after surgery.Waited 4 hours for a scheduled appt. Had his staff move all of his appts up so he could be out by 3pm on Halloween. Then spends 2 minutes with patient. Next visit was scheduled with someone that wasn't the dr. and didn't know about it until the appt. in the room.Office staff is incompetent. Didn't schedule appt when date and time was clearly written down. Insists co-pay is $50 when it is only $25.

|  Dr. Schoch  |  show details
Oct 17th, 2011

My first visit with the doctor was nearly 2 hours of wait time. I thought maybe it is just a bad day. I had an appt. for 4 weeks later and when I came into for the appt. it took 1.5 hours to see him in the room. He was literally in the room for 5-10 minutes. I will getting my records and going elsewhere. He obviously doesn't value that others have to take time off work to see him.

|  wife of shoulder patient  |  show details
Jun 8th, 2011

Dr. Schoch operated on my husband. I had been told that Dr. Schoch was an excellent surgeon. Well, needless to say, he was that and more. His work was excellent on my husband's shoulder and his bedside manner was excellent. Follow up questions were always answered. If anyone, is considering shoulder surgery, don't hesitate calling Dr. Schoch's office. He is the best in the state of MI

|  Wonderful and Caring Doctor  |  show details
Sep 25th, 2010

My son has been treated by him for on 4 seperate injuries. Dr. Schoch is great with kids, great with parents. Very caring, very accurate and never seems to rush through just to get done. Explains everything so you can understand and sympathizes with what you are going through!

|  Great Doc.  |  show details
May 24th, 2010

Nothing but the best in every way ! Outstanding Doctor!

by Tom on Sep 25th, 2009

I trust and like my General Doctor who referred Dr Schoch as his personal sports injury doctor. And to my surprise he diagnosed Arthritis in both shoulders instead of rotator cuff like the others. He also showed me why and explained if I can wait a few years to get a replacement then I should only need it once instead of twice. After the shots I can move both arms more than I have in 30 years. Yes very human and professional

|  Great Doc  |  show details
by Barby Ertzbischoff-Coleman on Jun 25th, 2009

First off he is a friendly guy and put me at ease right away. Great bedside manner, and that is something important to me. Aside from that i have researched him and asked others for thier opinions of him, all good and i feel like I could trust him to heal me:-) SCOand Sports is a great practice as well!!!