Dr. Nicholas Sgaglione MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

May 18th, 2016
Won't recommend
Great guy before surgery . Just not the same person after surgery complete. Very cold,in fact at times very rude

April 26th, 2016
Easier to get through to the Pope than this Doctor. Went in for a knee injury. Had to beg for an xray. Told me I have osteoarthritis and sent me home. 5 weeks later still in pain. Went for an MRI and knee was fractured. No follow up at all from the Dr or Staff. Getting Rx for MRI extremely difficult. One staff member stating it "wasn't her job" (to send over MRI Rx). If you are not a surgery candidate, Dr. Sgaglione is simply NOT INTERESTED. He told me so himself. Recommended I see other physicians in the practice if I wanted closer attention. Why bother having office hours at all if you are not interested in helping patients? Chief of Orthopedics at Northwell. He should stick to administration or whatever else he enjoys. He is only in 2 half days per week and there is at least a 3 month wait to see him. When he strolls in he is accompanied by 4 people including a tech, a couple of med students and a scribe so he doesn't have to do anything but dictate. A truly awful experience.

January 21st, 2015
Stay Away!
If you have shoulder problems...stay away! Do not go here.

February 4th, 2014
failed to diagnose glenohumeral joint issues
failed to diagnose glenohumeral joint (shoulder) problems...so much for his great reputation.

January 25th, 2012
Dr. Sgaglione performed a total knee replacement on my arthritic, bone on bone knee and the results are unbelievable. I totally forgot the pain I had and now I am totally pain free. He advised me what exercises should be done and I do them. He is a miracle worker. I do everything I did prior to the knee problem I had.

January 19th, 2012
He is an excellent doctor. He was great with my daughter. He was kind, caring and listened to all of our questions. In the examining room he takes his time and we never felt rushed. My daughter's surgery went very well, and is back to playing sports.

June 24th, 2010
DR. sgaglione has replaced my right knee and left knee within 1 1/2 yrs of each other and has given me my life back.I could not even walk 200 feet without being in tremendous pain.Now i can go on a 2 mile walk with my dogs and feel no pain or stiffness.Most importantly he really cares about his patients and calls on a constant basis to see how you are doing.

February 28th, 2017