Orthopedic Surgeons
3471 5th Ave
Ste 1010
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
412-687-3900
Locations and availability (4)

|  NBTS  |  show details
by Mike F on Feb 13th, 2014

Went to the Doctor for second opinion found him to be VERY unreliable and arrogant. I will never go back.

by Disappointed Patient on Feb 5th, 2014

I feel that as a patient, my time is valuable. A "fellow" first came in and said my films looked fine; when Dr. S came in, he indicated bone spurs had formed around my joint replacement. Then he left to take a phone call. He came back in, started to explain why he would not perform arthroscopy; then left to take another phone call. My total wait time, which was close to 2 HOURS, left me irritated....but to have the doctor repeatedly leave my appointment time to take phone calls was absolutely unacceptable. There are no emergencies on appointment days. My original surgeon from the group had left for another state; otherwise, I would never have gone back there. What a disappointment. If I don't matter in the exam room, I can imagine how important I would be on the table. Never again.

Sep 21st, 2012

I have been seeing Dr. Nick for about two years. He has performed one hip replacement for me and I will soon be having him do the other side. I would recommend him highly. On the plus side, he is a first-rate surgeon, a good diagnostician, and extremely personable. He will spend a lot of time with the patient and is great with following up. This leads to the con side: because he spends lots of time with patients he tends to always be behind schedule. Expect a long wait at your appointment. But I would rather wait a while for a great surgeon than see a mediocre surgeon who keeps to a tight schedule.

|  Nice person and Excellent Orthopedic Surgeon  |  show details
Oct 5th, 2011

First, Dr. Nick is a very personable person and highly educated making him an excellent surgeon. He treats his patients like they are the only one of the day making one feel very comfortable. He speaks to you on your level so everything is easily understood. I cannot recommend him high enough and have had two hip replacements, one each side, and have been seeing him for over 7 years. I would highly recommend him to anyone who wants perfection,

|  Caring,professional Doctor  |  show details
Feb 24th, 2011

I am very pleased with having knee arthroplasty done by Dr. Sotereanos. He has answered questions about my knee surgery and he is a very kind and caring doctor. I most likely will choose him again if I need additional surgery in the future.

|  Mr. Smith  |  show details
Mar 29th, 2010

Great bedside maner, very personable,trusting, great doctor

by Susannah on Jun 27th, 2009

He is a very caring doctor and has a great bedside manner! I just love going to see him, he really cares about his patients!!!

May 26th, 2009