Internist, Pediatrician
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

|  retired music teacher.  |  show details
by carol toppel on Nov 19th, 2014

Dr. Sutera is above the best!! We adore him not only because he is a physician and knows what he is doing, but because he is a compassionate human being.He cares about people, is very thorough, and listens! Listening is key and crucial. He has respect for us and we of him. Very very caring. Horray for Dr. Sutera!

|  First Visit  |  show details
by Ellen Shinn on Jun 6th, 2013

Visited Dr. Sutera in April, 2013. Took my various testing results from doctors in NJ. Dr. S looked at folder carefully, took notes. Said my thyroid was low - no one had ever told me that before. (based on tests I brought in ). Condition was confirmed by a new doctor I saw in NJ. I am now receiving treatment. First time visit, will definitely return to the office when on extended visits to Sarasota.

|  Doctor has "funny" rules  |  show details
Sep 22nd, 2011

I had an issue that I was prescribe medication for that the pharmacy needed to have the office call and confirm the prescription. Simple, something they do everyday. Not so at this office RUDE office personal. TOLD in after trying for 2 weeks then asking to speak with doctor about his unprofessional staff that he in no terms NEVER speaks to clients on the phone. I asked for his assistant that I needed to ask about my issue and TOLD again that that was NOT a policy. After not being about to connect the the doctor via phone I made another appointment to see him personally 2 weeks and no med the condition had worsened. Saw Dr. he said he didn't know about the calls and yes he did have a RULE not to talk to patients. EXCUSE ME you are a doctor, right? Anyway, never was able to get the perscription figured out since the doctor never called ins. company to give OK. Ended up going to another Dr. to get it no problems 24hrs later the rash is all but gone with meds. I am not a person used to going to dr. first time in 15 years if I ran my business the way first physicians sees fit to treat patients I would have been out of business years ago. Customer Service and respect go along way. Dr. too confident that people will still come to him. Guess he is right waiting room was full so if you like to wait, be treated like cattle, disrespected by his staff go...but remember it was your choice.