A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Nicholas Tranakas:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Nicholas Tranakas, Surgeon, General Practitioner, Critical Care Practitioner is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Tranakas
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Tranakas Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
Specialties & Research
Dr. Nicholas Tranakas, MD is board certified in Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 13 areas:
- Breast Cancer
- Colorectal Cancer
- Endocrine Gland Cancer
- Galbladder Removal (Cholecystectomy)
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Hepatocellular Carcinoma
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Tubal Ligation (Permanent Sterilization in Women)
Education & Awards
Dr. Tranakas graduated from University of Miami . He has 3 awards.
Dr. Tranakas has 14 hospital affiliations:
- Imperial Point Medical Center
- Holy Cross Hospital (on staff)
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Nicholas Tranakas MD is a male Surgeon, has 24 years of experience and practices in Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Nicholas Tranakas practice?
- Dr. Nicholas Tranakas has 2 office locations.
Dr. Nicholas Tranakas practices Surgery near Weston, FL.
Additional practice locations include: Fort Lauderdale, FL.