Dr. Nicholas Tuso MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

October 26th, 2016
Horrible, do not see
He does not spend any time with you in the room and has horrible bedside manner. I recommend NOT seeing this guy unless you want to know nothing or get no help from him.

August 12th, 2016
He's really great!
Very good doctor. I saw him with my first baby and now I'm back again with my second pregnancy. He is very knowledgeable and funny. Too bad he isn't a family doctor and a pediatrician or else I would see him for everything. He's great and would definitely recommend him to others. Prob the best doctor I've ever been to.

November 3rd, 2015
Not my first choice... Or my last
After meeting with nearly every doctor on the Facey medical team, I finally got a chance to meet Dr. Tuso. I was excited about this appointment because I was 35 weeks and coming to the end, but this doctor took the joy right out of the whole experience. He called me into his office after telling me he wasn't going to check "down there" as was the whole point in coming to this appointment. I went and sat down in his office and began asking my questions about the c-section I was supposed to have. I asked him about general recovery times and what he heard from previous patients about the amount of pain afterwards. His responses were "Well it's obviously going to be a lot worse than a vaginal delivery..." And "I don't know, it's not like I've ever had my abdomen cut into." Getting sarcastic answers like these from a doctor you're supposed to be able to trust and confide in is just not ok. I finally left the room after he told me that getting a c-section with my first pregnancy was like "poking a whole in my lifeboat," and would just lead to problems with any other children I'd want to have. Needless to say, I avoided him for the remainder of my appointments.

February 16th, 2015
Let me preface this by saying I do not doubt that Dr. Tuso is a very capable and knowledgable doctor. However, if this is your first pregnancy and you want a doctor who will hang around and listen to your questions and concerns, he may not be your best choice. I always felt like he couldn't get out of the exam room fast enough. I never felt like he was present during our appointments. Probably just an overworked doctor, but having seen another doctor during my 2nd pregnancy, I can't believe how much better my experience has been than it was with Dr. Tuso. Like a said, I never doubted his ability as a doctor but he could really use some work with his people skills.
Capable doctor, but not the most personable.

January 23rd, 2015
Bets doctor. Ever.

September 30th, 2013
Got lucky with Tuso
My office HMO meant I was stuck with Facey Medical Group and the baby-doctor lottery. (An absolute ridiculous way to practice medicine guaranteeing no patient/doctor relationship. I found each doctor each week honed in on a different abstract ailment. Some were alarmists. Some were friendly. Some not. Do yourself a favor - hire a doula/birth coach so you KNOW someone on the team!) Tuso is straight-forward and to the point. I appreciated that. I was quite relieved to find him as my on-call doctor. I had a quick and natural delivery. Tuso coached me in the final stages of pushing to reduce tearing & I only had 2 superficial stitches).

August 10th, 2013
The good doctor
I've been a patient of Dr. Tuso's for the past three years. During each visit he has been friendly, and informative. He has listened and responded to each concern. Now that I'm expecting my first baby, I see a lot more of him. He's always taken the time to explain things and answer any questions. He even called me at home to check in on me. Sometimes he does seem rushed but that's because he's such a good doctor that he has a lot of other patients waiting to be seen. He's also delivered my friend's last two babies and she swears by him. Overall, he's a great doctor and I don't understand the negative reviews.

January 15th, 2012
Good Doc. Good Guy.
I'm kind of surprised by the other reviews because I had such a different take on Dr. Tuso. I only had one appointment with him in office. But it was nice. He took the time to talk to both me and my husband and found out a bit about us. We walked away from the appointment thinking he was a really nice guy. Most of my experience with Dr. Tuso was during my induction and delivery. My labor progressed very slowly so I saw a lot of Dr. Tuso (on-call doctor). Every couple of hours he'd check in on me and was always a very friendly, interesting person. During one check-in I asked him how it was going and without missing a beat he said "Crappy" and grinned. He knew you can't tell a woman that's been in labor forever that it's going great. LOL.

December 2nd, 2011
Could use some work with the people skills
This was my 1st pregnancy and I had to idea what to expect. Every time I asked a question, I was referred to "the book" (that being "What to Expect When You're Expecting."). If he did answer my questions directly (and honestly, I didn't have that many because I've never been pregnant before and didn't know what to ask), he was very turse and somewhat condescending. And I always ended up waiting at minimum 30 minutes in the exam room for my 2 minutes with Dr. Tuso. During that time, I could hear him talking in the other exam rooms in length to other patients. When he finally got to me, the experience was as I described above. Some visits were better than others, but for the most part I wasn't impressed with his bedside manner. I'm sure he's a highly capable doctor, but if you'd like an OBG who is more caring (especially during a pregancy), then I would find another doctor.

December 21st, 2010
Not a good experience
It is my first pregnancy and this doctor didn't make me feel special at all. The experience was not what i expected.