A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Nicholas Volpe is Excellent. Dr. Volpe has been reviewed by 7 patients who have provided 2 comments. The rating is 4 out of 4 stars.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Nicholas Volpe, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
He has special expertise in 23 Areas, including Blindness, Brain Cancer, and Cataract.20 more special expertise areas
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Volpe graduated from State University of New York Downstate, Brooklyn. He has 4 awards.
Dr. Volpe has 11 hospital affiliations:
- Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
- Northwestern Memorial Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Volpe accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Independence Blue Cross - 3 plans
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey - 3 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Humana - 3 plans
- Cigna - 4 plans
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
More Accepted Insurance
Learn more about Dr. Nicholas Volpe:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Nicholas J. Volpe practice?
Dr. Nicholas Volpe practices Ophthalmology and Neurology near Philadelphia, PA.
Additional practice locations include: Chicago, IL and Elkins Park, PA.
See Philadelphia Ophthalmologists and Philadelphia Neurologists.
- Similar Physician Names
- Dr. Colin Volpe, Dr. Collin Volpe, Dr. Nick Volpe, Dr. Nickolas Volpe