A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Nicholas Volpe:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Nicholas Volpe is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Volpe
Macular Degeneration Patient Education Learn all about wet and dry macular degeneration, common symptoms and how this diease affects the eye.Before Visiting Dr. Volpe Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Nicholas Volpe, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 22 areas:
- Brain Cancer
- Cranial Nerve Diseases
- Eye Diseases
- Eye Injuries
- Eye Movement Disorders (Ocular Motility)
- Eye Surgery (Ophthalmologic Surgical Procedures)
- Headache Disorders
- Intracranial Hypertension
- Ischemic Optic Neuropathy
- Lazy Eye (Strabismus)
- Oculomotor Nerve Diseases
- Optic Nerve Cancer
- Optic Nerve Diseases
- Optic Nerve inflammation (Optic Neuritis)
- Orbital Diseases
- Pseudotumor Cerebri
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Volpe graduated from State University of New York Downstate, Brooklyn. He has 5 awards.
Dr. Volpe has 11 hospital affiliations:
- Pennsylvania Hospital University PA Health System
- Northwestern Memorial Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Nicholas J Volpe MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 25 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. Nicholas J. Volpe practice?
- Dr. Nicholas Volpe has 1 office location.
Dr. Nicholas Volpe practices Ophthalmology near Chicago, IL.
See Chicago Ophthalmologists.