A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Nicholas Volpe:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Nicholas Volpe is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Nicholas Volpe, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 22 areas:
- Brain Cancer
- Cranial Nerve Diseases
- Eye Diseases
- Eye Injuries
- Eye Movement Disorders (Ocular Motility)
- Eye Surgery (Ophthalmologic Surgical Procedures)
- Headache Disorders
- Intracranial Hypertension
- Ischemic Optic Neuropathy
- Lazy Eye (Strabismus)
- Oculomotor Nerve Diseases
- Optic Nerve Cancer
- Optic Nerve Diseases
- Optic Nerve inflammation (Optic Neuritis)
- Orbital Diseases
- Pseudotumor Cerebri
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Volpe graduated from State University of New York Downstate, Brooklyn. He has 5 awards.
Dr. Volpe has 11 hospital affiliations:
- Hospital of the University of PA
- Pennsylvania Hospital University PA Health System
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Nicholas Joseph Volpe MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 24 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. Nicholas J. Volpe practice?
- Dr. Nicholas Volpe has 11 office locations.
Dr. Nicholas Volpe practices Ophthalmology near Chicago, IL.
Additional practice locations include: Philadelphia, PA and Radnor, PA.
See Chicago Ophthalmologists.