Psychiatrists
33057 Professional Dr
Ste 102
Leesburg, FL 34788
352-787-0081
Locations and availability (3)

2.0

• Currently 2.7619047619048 of 4 stars
  • Currently 1.7619047619048 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Very Unhelpful  |  show details
by Jason M. on Dec 16th, 2013

This man is very controlling and fails to listen to his patients. If you challenge his speaking, you are immediately shut down and reminded of his credentials and degrees. The only reason we were switching providers was because we moved across the country. Dr. Ungson, instead of hearing that a medication regimen in place for over 3 years was working, decided that it would be a good idea to throw a wrench in the system and change up my son's entire diagnosis and regimen. Why would you destroy a regimen that has been working for years? What s in it for you? Nice try. We'll be driving to Ocala to see another Psychiatrist who will listen to patients' needs.

Dec 4th, 2013

been to many drs as far back as can remember. He is always i n a hurry and never listens to me. got upset when i told him his diagnosis wasnt correct! does not seem to be a very nice man. very controlling. however, i am giving him a chance. hopefully it will all work out.

Sep 8th, 2013

This doctor is not one I would ever go to again. He was my first psychiatrist visit ( and my last). He was very rude. He made condescending remarks. Was very cocky, rude, unprofessional, just ick. Not a nice guy, And after I told him I had been on a medicine before that did not work, he gave me 6 bottles of it and rushed me out the door. Stating I had been on almost everything else so why not give it another go?? He talked over me and did not listen. A real a** hole

|  Abusive...needs a psychitrist himself  |  show details
Jun 6th, 2013

Had one visit and this man - he needs to be stripped of his license...told me that the side effects from the different meds I had been over the past 20 years "were all in my head". Apparently he doesn't read any of the warnings on meds!!! Very nasty - a real bully. Had me shaking within 10 minutes. Have been to numerous pscyhiatrists over the years, due to moves and changes in inusrance. NEVER had a problem with any other doctor. I've always been a willing patient. Never been treated like this. Arrogant. Two of my female friends also had one visit and had the same reaction. I think he has a severe problem with women...my worst experience ever.

|  Good doctor & staff  |  show details
by Gray, Denis on Apr 25th, 2013

I was surprised by the negative reviews. I came to Dr. Ungson several years ago with very severe depression that my personal physician could not deal with after years of him trying different anti-depressants. Dr. Ungson reviewed my history and prescribed several different medications, some at increased dosage. My depression has reduced appreciably and I now can be productive at my work and with family. I find the office staff to be very courteous and efficient. Dr. Ungson can be a little hurried, but I am experiencing this with most physicians nowadays as they try to process as many patients as possible. I have appreciated Dr. Ungson's care and would recommend him to others.

Oct 15th, 2012

Worst experience ever! If he treats other people the way he treated me I am VERY concerned for other patients of his who are not as strong inside as I am. He uses his position of authority to manipulate and control people! After reading these reviews it proves that I am not the only one! All other negative experiences describe it to a "T" I went in there feeling fine and left crying. This guy should not be called a "doctor." He is on a power trip and has an extremely destructive bedside manner! I am afraid for future patients. My reccomendation is to contact LRMC where he is medically staffed & contact credentialing @ 352-323-5026 and physician relations departments @ 352-323-5605!

Jul 27th, 2012

I spent roughly 15-20 minutes with him. By the end he was doing a victory homerun dance telling me that my case was a classic example. He seemed VERY pleased with himself....very smug. NOT VERY HELPFUL!!!

May 28th, 2012

Kept changing meds, was very confusing, said it was me. I don't have problems communicating with others just him. Need to find another doctor, he is the worst. Big ego!!

|  Very Bad Doctor  |  show details
May 14th, 2012

This man is a sexual offender and an internet sexual predator. He surfs the net and uses his skills to take advantage of vulnerable , unstable women in the social network sites. He should be stripped of his license.

|  Would not recommend  |  show details
Apr 24th, 2012

Disliked mannerism. Does not speend enough time, reminds me of speed dating

Jan 24th, 2012

I came in the office depressed. I had not been to see him in a while because i didnt need to. He seemed angry about that and was more interested in telling me not to waste his time than helping me. I left feeling much worse than when I got there. I would never go back.

|  Not recommended  |  show details
Jan 19th, 2012

I am very disillusioned with this doctor. He was unwilling to listen to my issues and told me I was not what I had been previously diagnosed. Was very closed minded in the area of the treatment of DID(Disassociative Identity Disorder) All he wanted to do is prescribe very strong psychiatric meds.

Sep 23rd, 2011

Very unprofessional and insecure SOB who spends much time defending his credential. Diagnosis is inaccurate, my medicines were too much. He overcharged too.

Feb 24th, 2011

Nick Ungson does not deserve to be called a "doctor." His "bedside manner" is horrific. I have never met a psychiatrist who talks more than he listens. I have also never met a psychiatrist who gives ultimatums in order for him to renew your prescriptions, and threatens patients that he is not going to renew prescriptions. He actually said to me,"What if I don't renew your medication?," my reply, "then I guess I'll have to go somewhere else because I have to take them." His response...."then go somewhere else!" Kinda scary to trust this guy...

|  gave me the attention I needed  |  show details
Sep 30th, 2010

good care. spent time with me.

Aug 5th, 2010

I love this doctor. He made me comfortable telling about my issues. The staff in the office are very polite, courteous, and very helpful. I get a follow-up call from his nurse before the end of the day even if its late in the evening to allay my fears and anxiety. I can always talk to his nurse about anything.