Dr. Nick Vatakis MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4

May 25th, 2016
He is on the payroll of many many drug companies
It is all about cash. Avoid him like the plague.

July 23rd, 2013
I have struggled with OCD, Anxiety and Depression since I was 12 years old. I have visited numerous therapist, doctors and psychologist. Dr. Vatakis is the first doctor (I am 36) that I saw that made me feel like he knew what he was talking about. He warned me that it may take some time to feel the benefits, but for me, I felt better within 3 days. Within a week, my depression and anxiety have disappeared. I am happy for the first time in 25 years. He is kind, patient, knowledgeable and makes it very comfortable to talk to you without making you feel like you don't know what you are talking about. He makes you feel like your opinion is just as important as his knowledge. He called 2 weeks after the start of my medication to see how I felt and to discuss whether or not I should increase my medication. I highly recommend him.

May 26th, 2013
He si a joke of a doctor
Half way decent salesman for drug companies though.

July 14th, 2011
Craylash
Dr. Vatakis is that rare breed of doctor who thoroughly commits himself to you on a continuing basis. His care extends past the office visit.

November 26th, 2010
Also Saved My Life
Dr. Vatakis is one of a kind. Patient, intelligent, kind , and a man you want in your corner. He has been there for me when I thought things couldn't get worse, aand stuck with me in the trenches until I was myself again. This man truly saved my lifePM

September 13th, 2010
Life saver
I have been seeing Dr. Nick Vatakis for almost, or 10 years. This may seem like a long time, but if you have a place to go where you can be honest, not be judged and given excellent life advise, why not go? Simply put he is extremely compassionate and has the skills and patience to make a difference in a person's life. I have seen other doctors and there was just no connection. He is the first one to say, "if there is no connection you will be wasting your money." It is nice to get a second opinion about life and that is exactly what he provides. He calls it like it is but is not pushy or distant. It is easy to find a doctor that you know is simply looking at the clock and waiting for you to shut up and stop whining. New York is filled with them. I have on many occasion called, said I can't deal with the traffic, or been traveling and a phone session is easily done in place. Two very large thumbs up from a person that has had a very long standing relationship with him.

April 2nd, 2010
Dennis H
dr vatakis is a excellent doctor he has been there when i needed him. and has never given up on me even when i though he would or should.

June 6th, 2009
Couldn't Find Anyone Better
Dr. Vatakis saved my life and taught me how to accept myself and be happy.