inactive

Nicol P Lippman MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.3

January 24th, 2013
best doctor in San Pedro area
Doctor Lippman has been my family's doctor for the past thirteen years. She has consistently provided us with effective treatment and helpful insight. I feel that she carefully listens to me and truly cares about my well-being. It is very helpful that she makes house calls. I would highly recommend Dr. Lippmann's ser

January 22nd, 2013
Excellent Doctor

September 13th, 2012
50/50 Feeling
I have read all of the comments and say this. I have 2 family members (one no longer) that sees this doctor and can say YES she has saved their lives. But i have and always will be a lil uncomfortable with the way her office works and The Doctor herself makes me still very uncomfortable. For my spouse she has giving him everything under the sun. He became every dependent on the new strip (under the tough) drug. This and other drugs she gave him caused him to be very paranoid and nerviest. Not once was he sent to see a therapist for his depression when the medication states you may have. He has reported to her many of times (I was there at many appts). I myself had to do so for him. I believe someone needs to look into this place (maybe as a CX) and see how this works. My spouse has PPO insurance and has received other bills for her service being that this was paid many months before by the insurance copy. My mother has heart issues and was given medication that would send her heart racing. Now yes they both are no longer using the drug that got them there. But they are now dependent on a new narcotic. Pretty scary I must say. Front room staff is nothing close from being professional; they make you feel like an addict. I felt sorry for my husband as they demanded money as they were the pimp of this place. I dont know names, but it wouldnt matter as they were all rude. They are lost on appts, who you are and ETC...... The hook up with Coover is a joke!!!! You can go other places!!! Rite Aid being one!!! They offer it. People there are many doctors in Bellflower, Downey that provide the same service but in a more professional way. Sorry we all have had to experience this, but this is what happens when you are in need of help.

July 28th, 2012
Caring, Compassionate Doc- one of the best I've ever had
My experience with Doctors is that they generally don't take the time to actually "listen to their patient". If an ailment is "out of the box" and therefore requires much more time to consider how and what to do most doctors aren't prepared to engage in that lengthy process. Instead, they simply follow the established protocols within certain peramaters. Unfortunately, I am a Crohns patient and as a result have been sorely dissappointed by numerous doctors thru the years. This is not the case with Doctor Lippman! She takes the extra time to listen to the ongoing issues, refers to appropriate specialists and then follows up with me and the other doctor to insure that the best possible care can be given. She has been my Primary Care Physician for 8 years and will remain so. just was transferred to the S.F. Bay Area but will continue to fly down to see Dr. Lippman!One word of advice regarding the negative comments- in her desire to compassionately assist people from all walks of life Dr. Lippman has made the mistake to accept some clientelle that are frankly very unstable driven with improper motives. In the past year she has seen how her compassion has been abused by these patients. Consequently, she has eliminated the "flakes" from her practice which has eliminated much of the confusion and insanity which others mention in their reviews. The rap on the front office staff is simply the result of dealing with some of the clientelle who unfortunately needed to be eliminate!d from the practice

July 2nd, 2012
BEST DOCTOR EVER!!!!!!!!
I am very pleased with this Doctor and will share my positive experience with all my friends.

April 27th, 2012
Great Doctor
This is the one of the best doctors in town. She does care abount her patients and has called me at home on numerous times with test results.

January 20th, 2012
Nice Dr unprofessional staff especially her Aunt Pam
I like the Dr she is very personable its the staff that has caused me numerous head aches. The Dr does not have a trained medical assistant & does not do routine vital checks. Her mean aunt pam and another nicer employee are very unorganized and run the front office poorly. I can't count all the mistakes & paper errors that have greatly affected me in more ways then one. I have been YELLED at by Pam a few times when I have tried to correct errors, caused by their neglagence & lack of full filling their responsibilities. Pam gets extremely defensive, has lied to me and has not only blammed the other assistant for the mistakes but spoke negative about her, when I no in fact that I had only discussed certain issues with her. The other assistant is very personable and nice but has let me down on a few things. I kept going because I like the Dr she is very plesant and easy to talk to.

July 20th, 2011
Unprofessional
I had high hopes for her. She does everything herself, no nurses in the building. The place never has toilet paper, toilet seat covers or paper towels in the bathroom in the 6 times I've been to her office.She repeatedly 'forgot' to put in referrals and I needed to pay in order to see her again to remind her. She not once returned my phone calls and messages for two months regarding the referrals. Constantly was pushing for drugs to be used. Lied to me about what the medicine prescribed actually did and was corrected by pharmacist. Went to a specialist she referred me to and was told 'uh, we don't do that, you need a new doctor that knows what other specialists do'. Now I know why the largest insurance carrier in the South Bay has revoked her from their plan.

April 25th, 2011
Sweet, caring Doctor. Professional.
I am disgusted by the negative b.s. some idiots wrote on here... like the dog comment is untrue. The office is one of the cleanest i've been to. Dr Lippman is a nice and caring doctor and she does not give see psycho patients, hence the angry comments.

April 24th, 2011
Longest wait time ever!!!
Be prepped 4 a TWO HOUR wait! Then aftr u get ur prescription u MUST go 2 her pharmacy or she will NOT give it 2 u. And a few wks later u'll get a bill n the mail 4m her aftr u've already received a statement 4m ur insurance saying they've PAID her! I didn't know doctors were able 2 get paid TWICE...pretty sketchy if u ask me...

April 15th, 2011
LG
I agree with what the person said. Dr. Lippman saved my life. She listened to me and helped me overcome a severe addiction. She does not doll out med's trust me. I have referred several ppl to her and she has helped them, she gets to the point of your problem and works with you. If you don't have $$ for your scripts she will help you by giving you non narcotic samples. She has gone above and beyond the call of duty. Also she has had some medical issues lost her hearing was sick but, all the time she worked through it. As for the dog whatever, that dog has never defecated in front of me and is well trained and she keeps him in her office.

February 8th, 2011
Horrible, unprofessional and seemingly on drugs herself.
My husband and I both used her for a short period of time. On several occasions she didn't show up for the appt. Every time we saw her, you had to keep reminding her why you were there and she always seemed like she was on drugs (out of it). My husband went in for a yearly physical and kept having to ask her "shouldn't we do this or that" things that were generally always done for a yearly. I think she's prescribing WAY too many things for herself.