Dr. Nicola Spirtos MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

no change

April 28th, 2015
Excellent service!
You can get an appointment the same day, Dr. Spirtos is considered one of the best doctor in town based on his years of experienced. I like his honesty and his way to approach the diagnosis and treatment options. They work with you if you have no ins. His office went outside the box to help me out. Very happy with my care and the office.

October 2nd, 2014
Patient of Dr Spiritos
I credit Dr. Nick Spiritos with saving my life. He accepted me as a patient within 24 hours after I was diagnosed with uterine cancer, and removed the tumor the next day. He was upbeat, caring,compassionate, knowledgeable. Without him I would not be around today. He always answered my questions and conferenced at length with my extended family. I know he treated others equally as the welfare of his patients was of primary importance to him. I feel I was blessed to have him as my oncologist in this very trying time.

May 17th, 2013
the best in nevada no matter what
i had suffered abdominal pain for weeks, i went to my family doctor and he could not see what was wrong with me. one day i woke up with very bad back and abdominal pain, it looked like i was 9 months pregnant my parents took me to the er @ umc hospital they ran all kind of test on me and doctors saw a tumor that was 20 cm they called Dr Spirtos and he did my surgery to remove the tumor i did not have insurance at the time i called his office to schedule for a check up after surgery. i love Dr Spirtos he takes patients without insurance, i would not be alive right now if it wasn't for him. So sorry for the people that had to wait to see him because i was one of the patients that he had to leave his office for and do emergency surgery on.

November 13th, 2012
Great Doctor
Dr. Spirtos saw me before his regular hours his next business day when I was diagnosed with an ovarian mass. He scheduled an immediate operation. I have been cancer free for 6 years now. He is a great doctor and a wonderful human being.

March 14th, 2011
I feel he is a good Dr, but his office is not managed very well. Had to wait 4 hours to the him, this is NOT acceptable.

December 16th, 2010
Gruff but Great
Dr. Spirtos can come off as a bit of a meanie, but he is the best doctor I've ever met. He explains everything and is the best surgeon in the world! I feel like his enthusiasm is contagious and I have now been disease free for 12 years! Don't listen to other doctors who are just envious of his skills! I love you Dr. Spirtos!

March 13th, 2010
Dr. Nick accepted me into his practice when I was literally dying from advanced cancer which other doctors had failed to properly address or treat. Against all odds I am alive and well 4 plus years after my recurrence and five plus years after my initial diagnosis. He is an aggressive, funny, truthful, knowledgeable, loving and brilliant doctor. Nothing anyone could say about him even if it were the truth could convince me that he is not truly a saviour for women on this earth. I literally traveled across the US to have him save my life. Anne Maree Seel

September 15th, 2009
Saved my life
Dr. Spirtos saved my life! After being referred to him and after his exam, he brought my husband in the room with me. He explained to both of us about the surgery needed, step by step the procedure that we should be prepared for, and the chemo follow up if needed. (Thank God it wasn't!) Then after the surgery he sat down with my worried husband and told him everything that was done to me. He insisted that UMC give me a room after the surgery on the oncology ward. I had to wait in the recovery room for 7 hours to wait for a room that he wanted! (I didn't care, I was sleeping!) He fights for the health of his patients and both my husband and I had and have total respect and admiration for the man!

April 21st, 2009
Phenomenal
Dr Spirtos is one in a million! He saved my Moms life, and truly has a passion for his clients. We could not have been luckier in getting a referral to him...he is phenomenal!

December 26th, 2008
Best in his Field
The good Dr diagnosed me with early onset menopause at 25 years old... with traces of uterine cancer. Instead of throwing me a pity party and crying next to me and my mother, he pumped me up and gave me the will to fight for my health. Rather than hold my hand, and cry about the weight gain, the hormonal mood swings, the hot flashes and the other horrible side effects. He joked with me, leveled with me and opened my eyes to the fact that beating this prognosis was NOT an option. He's a credit to his field. Without him I don't know where I'd be... probably doped up on anti-depressants without my uterus and the ability to bear children at way too young an age.

October 15th, 2008
best doctor
This man saved my life. He is kind, compassionate, and I owe my still being on this planet to him.

August 28th, 2008
I'm alive today because of Dr. Spirtos
I've read the review from the lady in Vegas. As a patient of Dr. Spirtos for several years, I never found him rude to me. I did hear him on the phone with other doctors, but I'd consider his attitude demanding, not rude. He's a professional and a perfectionist and expects nothing less than that from other health care professionals. I'm alive today because of his expertise and his determination that I survive Stage 3 Ovarian cancer. I will sing his praises until I die from old age, NOT cancer.