Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN), Oncology Specialist (cancer)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Excellent service! show details Excellent service!
by JA on Apr 28th, 2015

You can get an appointment the same day, Dr. Spirtos is considered one of the best doctor in town based on his years of experienced. I like his honesty and his way to approach the diagnosis and treatment options. They work with you if you have no ins. His office went outside the box to help me out. Very happy with my care and the office.

Patient of Dr Spiritos show details Patient of Dr Spiritos
by Marcia (Jill)Hull on Oct 2nd, 2014

I credit Dr. Nick Spiritos with saving my life. He accepted me as a patient within 24 hours after I was diagnosed with uterine cancer, and removed the tumor the next day. He was upbeat, caring,compassionate, knowledgeable. Without him I would not be around today. He always answered my questions and conferenced at length with my extended family. I know he treated others equally as the welfare of his patients was of primary importance to him. I feel I was blessed to have him as my oncologist in this very trying time.

the best in nevada no matter what show details the best in nevada no matter what
by current patient on May 17th, 2013

i had suffered abdominal pain for weeks, i went to my family doctor and he could not see what was wrong with me. one day i woke up with very bad back and abdominal pain, it looked like i was 9 months pregnant my parents took me to the er @ umc hospital they ran all kind of test on me and doctors saw a tumor that was 20 cm they called Dr Spirtos and he did my surgery to remove the tumor i did not have insurance at the time i called his office to schedule for a check up after surgery. i love Dr Spirtos he takes patients without insurance, i would not be alive right now if it wasn't for him. So sorry for the people that had to wait to see him because i was one of the patients that he had to leave his office for and do emergency surgery on.

Great Doctor show details Great Doctor
Nov 13th, 2012

Dr. Spirtos saw me before his regular hours his next business day when I was diagnosed with an ovarian mass. He scheduled an immediate operation. I have been cancer free for 6 years now. He is a great doctor and a wonderful human being.

Mar 14th, 2011

I feel he is a good Dr, but his office is not managed very well. Had to wait 4 hours to the him, this is NOT acceptable.

Gruff but Great show details Gruff but Great
Dec 16th, 2010

Dr. Spirtos can come off as a bit of a meanie, but he is the best doctor I've ever met. He explains everything and is the best surgeon in the world! I feel like his enthusiasm is contagious and I have now been disease free for 12 years! Don't listen to other doctors who are just envious of his skills! I love you Dr. Spirtos!

Leading surgeon show details Leading surgeon
Aug 21st, 2010

Pioneered various procedures to achieve complete debulking in ovarian cancer. Trained several surgeons now practicing at Memorial Sloan Kettering in NY.

Mar 13th, 2010

Dr. Nick accepted me into his practice when I was literally dying from advanced cancer which other doctors had failed to properly address or treat. Against all odds I am alive and well 4 plus years after my recurrence and five plus years after my initial diagnosis. He is an aggressive, funny, truthful, knowledgeable, loving and brilliant doctor. Nothing anyone could say about him even if it were the truth could convince me that he is not truly a saviour for women on this earth. I literally traveled across the US to have him save my life. Anne Maree Seel

Saved my life show details Saved my life
by Mz. E on Sep 15th, 2009

Dr. Spirtos saved my life! After being referred to him and after his exam, he brought my husband in the room with me. He explained to both of us about the surgery needed, step by step the procedure that we should be prepared for, and the chemo follow up if needed. (Thank God it wasn't!) Then after the surgery he sat down with my worried husband and told him everything that was done to me. He insisted that UMC give me a room after the surgery on the oncology ward. I had to wait in the recovery room for 7 hours to wait for a room that he wanted! (I didn't care, I was sleeping!) He fights for the health of his patients and both my husband and I had and have total respect and admiration for the man!

Phenomenal show details Phenomenal
by Cynthia Romero, Lake Havasu City AZ / Henderson NV on Apr 21st, 2009

Dr Spirtos is one in a million! He saved my Moms life, and truly has a passion for his clients. We could not have been luckier in getting a referral to him...he is phenomenal!

Best in his Field show details Best in his Field
by Jody P on Dec 26th, 2008

The good Dr diagnosed me with early onset menopause at 25 years old... with traces of uterine cancer. Instead of throwing me a pity party and crying next to me and my mother, he pumped me up and gave me the will to fight for my health. Rather than hold my hand, and cry about the weight gain, the hormonal mood swings, the hot flashes and the other horrible side effects. He joked with me, leveled with me and opened my eyes to the fact that beating this prognosis was NOT an option. He's a credit to his field. Without him I don't know where I'd be... probably doped up on anti-depressants without my uterus and the ability to bear children at way too young an age.

best doctor show details best doctor
Oct 15th, 2008

This man saved my life. He is kind, compassionate, and I owe my still being on this planet to him.

15 year cancer survivor - former patient of Dr. Spirtos show details 15 year cancer survivor - former patient of Dr. Spirtos
Sep 11th, 2008

Dr. Spirtos the reason I am still here today! He was both compassionate and professional when I was going through my ordeal with utarine,cervical, and ovarian cancer. I would highly recommend him. Thank you, Dr. Spirtos!Donna Hay

I'm alive today because of Dr. Spirtos show details I'm alive today because of Dr. Spirtos
by Diane on Aug 28th, 2008

I've read the review from the lady in Vegas. As a patient of Dr. Spirtos for several years, I never found him rude to me. I did hear him on the phone with other doctors, but I'd consider his attitude demanding, not rude. He's a professional and a perfectionist and expects nothing less than that from other health care professionals. I'm alive today because of his expertise and his determination that I survive Stage 3 Ovarian cancer. I will sing his praises until I die from old age, NOT cancer.

Excellent Surgeon - VERY Busy Guy show details Excellent Surgeon - VERY Busy Guy
by Bay Area patient on Jul 3rd, 2008

When I was dx with ovarian cancer, I asked friends of mine who were in nursing and therapy in the Bay Area and the name that kept coming up as the best surgeon was Dr. Spirtos. He has a dozen irons in the fire, and he will take the cases every one else has abandoned. Therefore he has little time, is admittedly impatient and always in a hurry, but he knows his stuff. It's sad to hear he made any patient nervous because I have seen it, and told him so and he was genuinely upset to hear it. I guess I was a very aggressive patient and I did not hesitate to demand answers. I think he doesn't notice if you're nervous because he is on your team and assumes you know that. But he does have a quick temper...I've seen it directed at incompetent people, never at me.