Neurological Surgeons, Orthopaedic Surgeon, Surgical Specialist

New England Baptist Hospital
125 Parker Hill Ave
Roxbury Crossing, MA 02120
617-754-5000
Locations and availability (1)

2.5

|  Poor Results  |  show details
by Ruined on Mar 30th, 2014

Terrible outcome, worse follow up, out dated materials and questionable statements. Find someone with more surgical experience and where you are simply not a number, Stryker products only. ($$$$) Advertising as being the best hospital, truth they are not far from it actually. Cleanliness issues with the room.

|  show details
by J Doherty on Sep 28th, 2013

Dr. Marcotte is very professional, and his concern for his patient is admirable. He recently performed major surgery on my wife and she is well on her way to recovery. The surgery was much more extensive than we thought and we cannot say how grateful we are to Dr. Marcotte and his staff for their courtesy and professionalism.

|  show details
Jul 17th, 2012

Dr. Marcotte (along with Dr. Woodard) did a revision of an unsuccessful back fusion surgery done locally. I found him to be very professional, extremely intelligent, knowledgeable, and most of all CONFIDENT and that put me at ease and made me realize I needed a second fusion. He said "I know EXACTLY what your problem is" and he and Dr. Woodard fixed it and pain is gone! Can't say enough about both docs as well as New England Baptist.

|  office visit  |  show details
Jun 1st, 2012

I thought he was awesome! very attentive and very professional. He diagnosed my problem pretty quick due to his professionalknowledge and he suggested certain tests before jumping into surgery. I like him very much and happy that I was referred to this practice.

|  Wish Washy diagnostics and plan with scant physical  |  show details
May 18th, 2012

Came to Dr Marcotte after refereal from neurosurgeon who advised spinal fusion with lumbar rod reconstruction. After reviewing prior studies this doctor confired with my need for surgery and advised me to return to discuss in 4 weeks with his surgical supervisor Dr Wooodard. Dr Marcotte aggreed surgury would likey be the most help. I returned home 2 hours later to get a call fro his clerk stating he suddenly no longer confired with this plan and advised more radiation related interventions of low cost to the hospital or the insurer. He implied surgery was my best bet for long range help based on many prior work ups and in 2 hours totally flip-flopped, had a clerk give me the update,ignored the entire workup i had had with him just hours before in Boston and was arrogant and offered very little logic to his sudden xhange of advice. A serious back problem made even worse by my visit to this hospital. i feel they are driven by insurance reinbursements and profits and do not care about the real mediacal issues nor the person experiencing the ailment. In a way as dissapointed as i am perhaps it is a blessing in reality. They sime to be an arrogant and ignorant irrationl establishment at this point. They would rather repeat redundant radiation testing and radioative treatments, and stay as far as possible from more expensive long term therepies. Total waste of time and disillusioned with the upcoming medical community that we are faced with now. My advice-stick with a surgeon with at least 10 years of pro active surgury interventions