Family Practitioner

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

Dec 14th, 2014

Dr. Nicole Hemkes took care of my when I had pneumonia in the hospital. She always took time to ask me how things were going and took my concerns seriously. I wanted to see her when I left the hospital , but Dr. Hemkes only sees patients in the hospital. I thank her for everythign she did.

by Katie P on Jul 6th, 2013

Dr. Hemkes left her office in Tavares. I miss seeing her in clinic. We tried the doctor we were referred to in office next door but didn't like. I wish Dr. Hemkes would come back. Please let me know if you anyone knows where she went.

by Debra on Apr 9th, 2013

Dr Hemkes would take her time and answer all questions. She is a great doctor.Her stuff is great always polite and help full. Thanks :)

|  would definately reccomend  |  show details
Dec 1st, 2012

I have been seeing Dr. Nicole Hemkes for about a year. She is always kind, always interested in how I am doing. I have never had a doctor take the time to answer all my question and explain things in a way so that they are easy to understand. So I started having my husband come to her and then my 2 childrens. She has been a breath of fresh air!

Nov 5th, 2012

This office has really messed up just about everything possible to mess up. The visit itself was not great. I mentioned that I have been having a lot of pain in my hip and she just said "It might be arthritis," and that was it. She did not suggest doing any tests, follow up, anything. Since then, the office never called with other test results. I had to call three times to finally get the results. They had lost them. Now I just found out that they coded my visit as a sick visit, when it was a well visit/physical...which is required for my insurance...so now I have to have them re-code it and send a letter to my insurance. I would not recommend them. They seem very disorganized and not terribly warm and friendly.

Doctor's Response

Above patient was asking us to committ insurance fraud by miscoding visit. She was very beligerent with office staff when we explained to her that we could not change the visit code as she had a Well Woman Exam with pap smear. We coded her visit as a Well Women Exam, NOT a sick visit. Since she was a "new "patient" we did go over her PMH which included arthritis, along with anxiety and depression. But these were not the reasons for her visit as she was having a Preventive Medicine Exam. After patient called the office threatening the staff we decided to discharge patient from the office. It is sad that she is now making up lies about our office. Please take above comment with a "grain of salt" as she is disgruntled and had ulterior motives for asking us to mis-code her visit.

|  A Good Doctor  |  show details
by Richard Retey on May 11th, 2012

She is gentle and thorough, knowledgeable and professional.

|  happy to have found her  |  show details
Feb 29th, 2012

Dr. Nicole Hemkes is patient, kind, very attentive and knowledgable to all my problems. Thank you!

Feb 12th, 2012

Thank you Dr Hemkes, I saw 2 other doctors about bad migraine headaches I was having. I was on on medicine for my headaches . I even had a MRI of my head.I still kept getting sick. My Doctors weren't lisening to me. Dr Hemkes found out the reason for my headaches my 1st visit. My blood presure was too high. She put me on blood pressure medicine . I couldnt believe the other doctors didnt find that. It helped me so much I don't get headaches any more. That's the reason I'm taking the time to write this. I'm so grateful to have her as my new doctor.

|  new doctor in town!  |  show details
Jan 4th, 2012

I needed to find a new doctor and was reccommended to Dr. Nicole Hemkes. She is very warm and welcoming. She spent time to understand my concerns and learn about my medical history. I am so happy i found Dr Hemkes!

|  new patient  |  show details
Dec 5th, 2011

Dr Hemkes was wonderful! MY husband had a really bad rash on his neck. He already went to our family medicine doctor, he didnt know what it was . We were recommended Dr Hemkes by a friend. She was very friendly, knowledgable and patient. She knew right away what it was. She give him a prescription .He started using it, it was like a miracle. The rash went away. Dr Hemkes really knows her stuff. We are so glad we found Dr Hemkes

|  Very Good Experience  |  show details
Nov 28th, 2011

Dr. Hemkes has a very nice office with a very nice staff. They are patient and kind, and show a genuine concern in understanding your problem. She is a younger physician and seems to be up-to-date on the newest medications and treatment methods. This instills a lot of trust when choosing someone to take care of me and my family.