Dr. Nicole Nourmand MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

May 6th, 2015
Not a great experience overall
Dr. Nikki kept us waiting in the room for every visit nearly an hour. When we are shown into the exam room, the baby is disrobed and measured, weighed, etc. Then we are left to wait 30-60 min. for Dr. Nikki to breeze in. By that time, baby is cold, antsy, I'm worried about parking and just want to get out of there... This happened 10 out of 10 visits. Also, when I had my second baby she kept wanting to see me, excessively in my opinion, because my baby was very mildly jaundice. Instead of waiting for him to poop it out and be exposed to indirect sunlight, she wanted daily visits, blood tests, etc. Sometimes I wonder if she's thorough, or just greedy!!!!

September 21st, 2013
Amazing Doctor, Highly Recommend
I highly recommend Dr. Nourmand. She is amazing at what she does. She is knowledgeable, thorough, compassionate and understanding. We have two children. Our son has had minor/typical heath issues and she has always taken such good care of him, making sure we are referred to the right specialist if necessary, and following through to see that the issue/concern is resolved. Our daughter, has a rare genetic condition and Dr. Nourmand was there for us throughout the entire process,. She was our advocate, making sure our daughter was getting the care she needed, getting the correct diagnosis, and educating herself on the rare condition. It is difficult to find a doctor as caring as Dr. Nourmand. She is truly amazing and we are so thankful for her.

June 15th, 2013
Love Dr Nourmand
After 5 years and two kids so far in working with Dr N, I highly recommend her practice to everyone. So top notch and caring.

June 5th, 2013
I heart Dr. Nourmand!
We have been seeing Dr. N for almost five years - we had chosen her former practice based on a recommendation and met Dr. N when she came to the hospital when our oldest was one day old. Our daughter was in an incubator due to a low temperature following a tough delivery, and it was a very scary and emotional time for me. I will never forget my very first impression of Dr. N - so knowledgeable and professional while at the same time being so warm and reassuring. We have been obsessed with her ever since, and we followed her when she left the former practice to join Premier Peds. We have two little girls who absolutely adore her. She is warm and engaging with them, and will spend as much time as necessary in the exam or answering any of my questions. She identified reflux in my oldest when she was five months old and sent us to an excellent specialist. All of her referrals have been really great - we've needed to see an ear specialist and a pediatric allergist and dermatologist as well. She is completely accessible and has often followed up after visits to see how the girls are doing (particularly if she gets a note that we were in for a sick visit and saw another doctor if she was out). She always follows up after we have been referred out to a specialist. The only ranking I didn't give 4 stars to was ease of appointment; I would give 3.5 stars if I could because the process is actually very easy. But Dr. N is very popular so sometimes a well visit has to be booked very far in advance. For sick visits, they always find a way to get us in to see her, or with another doctor if she is just not in the office. She is truly an amazing doctor, first and foremost to our children but I also feel she showed a lot of care and concern for me when I was going through a very stressful time in the year after my second was born. She is just a very caring person, which for me is an essential quality in a doctor, especially one who is treating your children!! We are moving out of state soon, and I am beyond crushed that we will be losing her as our pediatrician. I scrolled through some of the other reviews before I wrote mine because if I'm going to take the time to write my own review, I like to be able to give another point of view to a comment someone else might have made. So first, I want to say that I think this practice takes patient satisfaction very seriously. There is a comment from 2011 that someone was leaving the practice because of a rude nurse. Well, it's too bad she left. Because they take feedback about unfriendly staff very seriously and have made staff changes when necessary. For the record, we have never had a problem with any of the nurses there. But I do know that it is important to Dr. N and her colleagues that the patient experience is a good one. Their current team of nurses and front office staff is amazing! Finally, I want to say emphatically that this is a wonderful practice! Over the years I have seen Dr. Hauselman and Dr. Sachs as well, and while Dr. N will always be my super duper fave, they were both so incredible as well. I have referred several friends to Dr. N, and I have at least one friend who goes to Dr. Hauselman as her primary, and we are all just completely devoted to this practice. Dr. N got her medical education and Harvard and Northwestern - the woman knows her stuff and I trust her implicitly.

May 30th, 2013
She's saved us 100 times over... Best doc around
I didn't originally chose Dr. Nicki as my pediatrician, it just happened that she was the doctor on call the day my son was born, and honestly, not a day goes by when I don't think how lucky we were that she found us. I never thought twice about making her our permanent pediatrician after the first time she examined my son and we actually followed her from the practice where we originally found her to the one she works at now. Both of my children have had all sorts of health scares, some common, some very rare. My daughter had reoccurring ear infections and a condition called Laryngomalacia, and my son suffers from Diabetes Insipidus and Mastocytosis - conditions that I would have never known anything about had Dr. Nicki not caught early on that something wasn't right. She is always proactive about sending us to the proper specialists, and then staying on top of all the parties involved to make sure all of the doctors are up to date with the latest information and diagnosis. She has never taken any of my worries for granted - always taking the time to consider anything that I am concerned about. She is never condescending, always available. I cannot count the number of times she has surprised me with a phone call the day after a doctor's visit to check on the kids - and wait for it... yes, even to check on me and see how I'm coping with everything. When my son had to have surgery, she called from a European vacation to make sure everything was okay and to follow up with some test results. I've actually never known a more compassionate doctor. I remember crying in her office after my son was born because my milk wasn't coming in. She gave me a hug and told me what a great job I was doing, and even though I'd heard it before, she was the first person who made me believe it. There were tears in her eyes, too, and I knew she understood how heart broken I was. This woman is a gem, and the office isn't bad either. I have never had a problem getting an appointment, and when Dr. Nicki is unavailable (which is very rare, but hey, she's got to do newborn rounds at some point, right?) there is always someone there who will see us. The other doctors are great, too, especially Dr. Hauselman and Dr. Sachs, who, like Dr. Nicki, have kids of their own at home. The fact is, I could go on and on about how much we love her. My kids literally ask me to take them in to see her. My son has been known to fake a cough and tell us he needs to go see "Dr. Nicki." I have recommended her to all of my friends.

May 26th, 2013
Wonderful pediatrician!! Highly recommend!
Dr. Nikki is a wonderful doctor and my girls absolutely adore her. She is smart, kind and incredibly conscientious. She has a way of relating to children that is so genuine that it makes us all feel so comfortable. My oldest needed eye surgery and Dr. Nikki helped us though the entire process and made a very stressful situation so much better including following up numerous times to make sure we were all okay. Highly recommend her.

March 30th, 2013
She should never have made it as a "doctor"
This woman believes she is a doctor- funniest thing! She should never be able to practice medicine! My child was hospitalized because of her lack of knowledge and care. I wouldn't let my worst enemy be seen by her. If you care at all about good health care for your child you should NOT see her or belong to this practice. Los Angeles has many wonderful pediatricians- none of which you will find here... Especially "Nikki" the worst!!!!

May 18th, 2012
Dr Nourmand is wonderful!
We followed her from another practice because we didn't want to lose her! She is warm and friendly and a mom too. She speaks to you like like a parent and I appreciate that - no cold medical only type conversations here. My kids love her and the new office is very fun with a circus theme they enjoy. I can't say enough good about her and frequently refer friends to her - she even helped out friends from out of state with a sick baby and no local doctor. Dr. Nourmand is the best!

July 13th, 2011
I am leaving this office mainly due to the staff in the office and the nurse. They are very unprofessional. The nurse is always rude and not very helpful. Dr. Nourmand is really nice, but because I have a newborn I often have to deal with the nurse. Not very friendly.