Dr. Nicole Wilcox MD Patient Reviews

• Obstetrics and Gynecology Mountain View, CA

January 28th, 2017
Lack of Integrity beware!!
I would not recommend Dr. Nicole Wilcox to anyone. The reason has nothing to do with her competence, which may be on-par, but everything to do with her lack of integrity and professionalism. She was the on-call at El Camino Hospital, Mountain View on Jan 15 2017 when my wife was in labor. When she entered our room, we specifically asked her not to cut the umbilical cord immediately after birth to allow the cord blood to flow to the baby. She did not cut the cord, but she did clamp the cord near the belly button so that the blood does NOT flow into the baby. My wife has O+ blood, and apparently they wanted to save the cord blood for their own use. We would have been OK if they asked permission, but pulling a sleigh of hand even after our specific request is downright fraud. In the heat of the moment during delivery (it is our first baby), we did not realize she had clamped the umbilical cord. A few minutes later I saw her calmly milking the cord for all the blood and collecting it, and the quantity was pretty significant. All that blood is very rich in iron and other nutrients, and by all rights that blood belongs to the baby. We as parents consider this nothing short of theft and fraud. I would strongly advise against Dr. Nicole Wilcox for this blatant disregard of our wishes, and for using her superior knowledge of the medical practice to deceive us. Doctors that lack integrity do not deserve to be doctors.

October 14th, 2013
Outstanding Physician
Dr. Wilcox is not only an extremely knowledgeable and skilled physician, she is also a wonderful person. She took impeccable care of me and my growing baby throughout my pregnancy, and I was lucky enough that she happened to be on duty when I delivered my baby. During my first pregnancy, I went to an obgyn in a solo practice, thinking that I would received individualized attention. That didn't happen. Dr Wilcox, despite her busy schedule, was always responsive via phone and email and in person. I personally like her 'relaxed' manner and never interpreted it as lax. She put me at ease throughout my pregnancy and during the actual birth. And yes, sometimes you wait at an OBGyn practice, that has been a universal experience for me both in Europe and the US. Sometimes there are people who need more urgent care, such as emergency surgery which Dr Wilcox also performs.

November 18th, 2011
Dr Wilcox is a very good Doc.
She was my OBGYN for 9 months of my pregnancy.She provided me excellent care replied to my queries well.Called me back in time whenever wanted.

December 12th, 2010
I have been very impressed with Dr. Wilcox. She has lessened my anxiety by being so responsive to my concerns.

June 18th, 2010
Excellent doctor
She really listens! She explains things too, in language anyone can understand.